Friday, January 21, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

Today, I went to the Yankee Candle store and bought a "Blueberry Scone" tart. It smells SO GOOD! So, I decided to make blueberry muffins. I looked online for recipes and mixed a few together to come up with my own.

Blueberry Muffins-- soy free!
Preheat oven to 375. Bake 30 min. Yields 12 muffins.

1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
1-1/4 c. white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour, divided
1/2 c. sour cream
1 pint of blueberries (I used frozen)
1 tsp white sugar

Cream butter & sugar together until light & fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Divide flour: 1-3/4 cup for now and 1/4 cup for later. Alternate adding sour cream and flour, just until incorporated. Stir in 1/2 blueberries, crushing them a bit so some of them pop. In another bowl, stir remaining 1/4 c. flour and the rest of the blueberries. Add them to the muffin batter.

Fill 12 muffin cups & top with remaining 1 tsp sugar. Bake 30 min, until edges are browned.

They're so good! =) Made me a little sad because they remind me of my Granny. She loved to make desserts. I miss her.




On a completely unrelated note. I thought I'd share a funny story with you :) Ok, I've been trying to find flat, black dress shoes for a few weeks now. I finally found some today at Kohls. I also tried on a shirt while I was there. This shirt looked like a long sleeve button-down shirt that wrapped in the front instead of buttoning. The wrap part was permanent. So anyway... I got it on.... and then I couldn't get it back off! I really panicked lol. I was tugging on it and trying to pull it back over my head. As I was flailing around the fitting room, I hoped that it would come off. How embarrassing would it have been to ask for help?! lol I finally got it off, but I was so mad at the stupid shirt, I just left it on the little bench in the fitting room. I didn't want to touch it anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment