I apologize in advance for any typos! I left my laptop at home and I'm trying to type on Ryan's (my brother-in-law) weird keyboard. It's like ergonomically made, so it's shaped like an "S" and the keys are in different places b/c it's curvy.
We got to Myrtle Beach Saturday night. Sunday, we went to a big brunch at Aaron's grandparents' house. We hung out and watched movies the rest of the day.
Monday, we woke up to SNOW in Myrtle Beach. Bizarre. It sleeted the rest of the day, but we did manage to get Maddie out to the dog park. Unfortunately, there were no other dogs there for her to play with. But she got to run around and have fun. We watched movies Monday, too. The power went out twice, and one of the neighbor's (who happens to be in NY this week) home alarm went off. It was so loud! In addition to screeching sirens, it also yelled, "Intruder alert: master bedroom!" That was creepy... But we figured it was because the power went out and set it on the fritz. Then it went off again at 4-something AM. After about 10 min, I got up and groped around in the dark for my phone. I figured I'd call the cops and let them dis-arm it, but it stopped on its own.
Tuesday.... I don't remember what we did... nothing too exciting.
Wednesday, Aaron's mom took us to this cool British "pub and grub" place called Handley's for lunch. The food was absolutely delicious. For dinner, Aaron and I went with Ryan (his twin brother) and Stacy (his fiance) to a NICE Mexican place called Abuelos. I don't know if it's a chain or an individual place. Their food was incredible and the restaurant was gorgeous. It looked more Spanish-Mediterranean than Mexican. It put LaCaretta to shame (not that I've ever been much of a fan).
Thursday (today), I slept in until 11:17am! I ate so much yesterday that I was in a food coma or something. Aaron came to wake me up because he thought there was something wrong with me. Roxanne (Aaron's mom) took me shopping =). We went to Ulta, which, if you've never been to one, is like a gigantic, glamorous estrogen pile of thousands of nail polishes, makeup, perfumes, hair care products, straighteners, hair dryers, candles, etc. Everything womanly. It was quite the experience. I was overwhelmed with their nail polish collection, but I did get two pretty colors. One is an OPI purple-ish, gold-ish, glittery, iridescent color. I don't remember the name. It's pretty. The other color is Ulta's brand and it's in a pretty coral color. Aaron's mom got them for me. Then we went to the mall.... which started as a trip to Dillard's to look for sales, but ended up being a huge shopping spree. We got tons of clothes. She got me two shirts from Express (http://www.express.com/graphic-v-neck-cardigan-32844-3.pro?Mrsavf=SIZE_NAME&Mrsavf=category&Mrsavf=Color&Mpper=3&Mpos=20&Mrsaa=*&Mpg=SEARCH%2BNAV&Mft=cardigan :that shirt/cardi combo) and then we went on a panty-raid to Victoria's Secret. $2.99 panties-- YES, yes, yes, yes. And $12.99 bras-- yes, yes. It was such a blessing because Aaron's mom ended up buying all that nice stuff for me that we can no longer afford to buy ourselves. Then Aaron and I made dinner, which was delicious. We cooked French bread and then melted thick slices of mozzarella cheese on it and layered tomatoes and fresh basil. Aaron's grandma sent over some split-pea soup. It was really good. SO MUCH FOOD!
Tomorrow, Aaron and I are going outlet shopping with our gift cards and with some money my mom gave me to get an outfit for my internship. It's not much, but it'll hopefully be enough at the outlets.
BEST of all though was my conversation with Papaw. Today was one month since my precious Granny passed away. He told me today that he's going to come visit Aaron and me when the weather gets warmer! =) It's so exciting and such a praise because he's been wanting to stay at home a lot.
That's all for today... my fingers ache from this keyboard.
No comments:
Post a Comment