I've been up since 5:45 this morning (after getting under 7 hours of sleep last night). I worked till 1:30 then I came home to clean the house and buy groceries. I'm surprised I'm in such a good mood lol. I figured while I'm feeling good, I'd blog.
Aaron bought me a new laptop battery because mine was shot. My computer would only stay on for about 10 minutes unplugged, fully charged. The new battery was on the front porch when I came home. I've been using it for an hour and a half, during which time we watched last night's episode of "The Office". It's still at 47%, which is a remarkable improvement! :)
And, can I just say YAY about Michael and Holly?! I don't like when shows drag out a story for so long. I'm guessing that Steve Carrel's last episode will involve Michael leaving Scranton to be with Holly in Nashua. Will Ferrell has signed on for a few episodes the end of this season and beginning of next. GAG! I'll probably stop watching it when he joins the cast.
Work was ok today... I just answered phones all day (which I will do every Friday). The last two days, I worked on picking a living room light fixture for a family building a weekend house on Smith Mountain Lake. It was a challenging project because I didn't get to talk to the designer or the homeowners myself-- I had to take the watered down version from a salesman in Roanoke that I've never met and run with it. He's not a designer and doesn't seem to know design terms very well. After about a day on this project, the consultant in Roanoke e-mailed me with a sample picture and told me to use that as a guideline. This was so frustrating because I felt like a.) he should have sent me that right off the bat and b.) if they knew what they wanted, why make me look through all those catalogs? I felt like his communication with me could have been much better. I spent probably 8 hours looking through THOUSANDS of pages in 46 lighting catalogs. I definitely learned a lot through that experience.
1.) Ask a lot of questions! Customers and salesmen can blow all the hot air they want, but they're not designers and they most likely have their terminology mixed up.
2.) Use a LOT of adjectives. Don't just say, "I want a rustic light fixture." Rustic can mean two totally different things to two different people. That's what happened with this light fixture. They wanted "rustic," "masculine," and "lodge-like", which I interpreted as dark metal finishes, leather, salvaged-looking wood, antlers, pine cones, branches, drippy candles, etc. The picture I was given by the consultant was more like... traditional, slightly primitive, simple, with a kind of early-American flare.
3.) Know your products. I had to call a lightbulb company to ask whether candelabra bulbs produce the same amount of light as regular-shaped bulbs of the same wattage. Even the consultant who had been kind of training me, who had worked there for 5+ years didn't know the answer lol.
Anyway... enough of that. I went shopping today and it was pretty successful. Here are some of my deals:
2 bottles of Pace salsa-- $1.49/each (normally $3.19 each)
Vlassic pickes-- $2.69 (normally $3.79)
Kraft cheese singles— $0.99 (normally $4.69)
Uncle Ben’s rice-- $0.99 ($2.19)
Organic tortilla chips-- $1.49 (normally $2.99)
Crisco olive oil-- $3.69 (normally $5.99)
I saved $22.69 and I got groceries this week for $43.96! =)
Now, I'm going to watch an episode of "The Golden Girls" (LOVE them!), take a shower, give myself a pedicure, and see if I can get Aaron to give me a back rub. Wish me luck on that one LOL. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment