Monday, March 14, 2011

Internship: Complete

I completed my internship today. It was exciting and sad at the same time. Exciting, because it is done. Sad, because it is done. Exciting because I no longer work for free. Sad because I no longer work at all. Exciting because I'll get an "A" for my internship grade. Sad because they told me they couldn't hire me. I really think they would have, too. But the economy has really hurt Ferguson as much as every other company. Bernadette (my internship supervisor) basically told me, "You've done a great job here. I can only say wonderful things about you. Unfortunately, we're just not in a position to be able to hire you right now." And I understand. But she's going to write me letters of recommendation and I'm going to start job-hunting this week. God willing, I am going to start home staging & interior redesigning (basically, moving furniture/art around; using existing pieces to change the look of a room in one day). I am not sure whether this will become a full-time job or just a way to earn extra income on the side. I am working on getting my home staging certification. It is not required by law or anything (like interior design licensing is), but it does look more professional and legitimate to consumers. I should have that within the next month.

I am looking forward to spending the remainder of the evening curled up on my couch, watching "The Office" and "The Golden Girls".

No comments:

Post a Comment