7 weeks. 7 weeks that I interned. 7 weeks until I graduate. I am officially, hard-core job hunting. Today, I dressed professionally and I took my portfolio and several copies of my résumé to every interior design place that I know of in the Lynchburg area.
Place 1: The owner was not there; the employee will give it to the owner when he returns. They're closed Wednesdays & Sundays, so I will call back on Thursday.
Place 2: Apparently closes at 3pm... I got there at 3:30, so I'll have to go back tomorrow or Thursday.
Place 3: Went out of business.
Place 4: The premiere interior design company in central Virginia. I'm not going to let my hopes get too high for that one. I would LOVE to work for her, but I'm sure every other interior designer in a 50 mile radius is also pestering her about jobs. One of her designers took my résumé and told me to e-mail her a cover letter.
Place 5: Everyone I met there was very impolite and unprofessional. I do not want to work there.
I'll do some more research online tonight and tomorrow to find other places. I think it would also be beneficial for me to make a copy of my portfolio for every place I apply. Yes, it will be expensive, but I think it might make me stand out more.I am also going to try to submit everything for my home staging certification by next week. I have a realtor/broker friend who asked me a while back if I would be interested staging for him. I'm going to e-mail him in a bit.
Aaron has an interview next Monday with another company. He had a phone interview last week and they seem to really be interested in him. They're going to do a background check on him this week. Honestly, I'll be surprised if they don't offer him this job... I could be wrong, but I hope I am not. This is an insurance job, so if they hire him, he will need to get his insurance license, which we have heard takes about a month.
Please pray for both of us to find jobs. Good jobs. Jobs that will pay our bills. Jobs that we'll enjoy and that will further our careers. Thanks. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment