Last night, Aaron and I went to JCP with a coupon and got him 2 button down shirts, a t-shirt, and a pair of shorts for a total of $25. $89 in savings :)
I am taking my final and only remaining college class right now. CMIS 201. Enough said. I have been working on this since about 10:00 this morning and I foresee myself working on it until well into the night. Only 7 more weeks. I think I can, I think I can...
It was WEIRD waking up to snow this morning! We're supposed to get snow/sludge again tonight... Tomorrow I have jury duty (again, blah) and Aaron has a job interview in Charlottesville. I really hope I am not needed in court tomorrow. I am going to be really anxious to hear who the graduation speaker is and how Aaron's interview went. Plus, there is a Priscilla Shirer study on Jonah starting tomorrow night at BRCC and I'm interested in going to that. Jury duty just makes the whole day suck, starting with the 6am phone call to see whether I'm even needed.
We are going to get Bedroom 2 into working order this week! We never did anything with it because we kept hoping we'd get pregnant and then have a purpose for that room. Since that's not going to happen... We're getting rid of the futon (as soon as someone buys it). We're going to make it an office rather than a guest room. We'll just buy a full-size air mattress for when my mom or anyone else stays with us. There is no point in using up space permanently for a bed that will only be used two or three times a year. Plus, since I'm going to be running my own home staging business soon and Aaron very well may be working from home in the near future, a home office is more practical than a guest bedroom. I haven't decided furniture layout, colors, art, or anything fun yet. I'm just excited that everything will finally have a tidy, organized home.
I have made so many wonderful homemade goodies in the last two days! Yesterday, I made homemade banana nut bread and homemade spinach-alfredo sauce. Today I made chicken noodle soup from scratch. I even roasted the whole chicken and used the bones and skin to make the stock. It was supremely delicious. Below are some of the recipes. I don't have time to type all of them today.
Spinach Alfredo Sauce:
1 stick (8 Tbsp) butter (I used the real stuff b/c it's soy-free)
2 c. fat free milk
1 (8-oz) pkg fat free cream cheese
6 oz grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1.5 - 2 c. cut leaf spinach (I used frozen)
Pepper, to taste (*doesn't need salt!)
First, melt the butter in a pan with high sides over medium heat, just until melted. Meanwhile, microwave the cream cheese for 30 seconds to soften it up a bit. Add the cream cheese to the butter in the pan. Add milk and let heat for a minute or two. Gently, start working the cream cheese into the liquid with a whisk. Once that is almost completely incorporated, add the parmesan cheese. This will help thicken the sauce. Add garlic powder, pepper, nutmeg, and spinach. Cook on low-medium heat for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Leftovers: Store alfredo sauce separate from the noodles. To re-heat: Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spicy Banana Nut Bread (using KitchenAid stand mixer):
1 stick (8 Tbsp) unsalted butter, room temp.
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
3 over-ripe bananas
1 Tbsp. milk
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground nutmeg or pumpkin pie spices, divided
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 325. Grease bread pan.
Cream together sugars & butter. Add bananas; mash. Add milk, cinnamon, 1 tsp. nutmeg, baking powder, soda, and salt and stir. Beat in eggs, one at a time (don't overbeat). Gradually beat in flour. Pour into bread pan. Sprinkle remaining nutmeg on top. Bake 60-70 min. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. To store: allow to cool & wrap in aluminum foil. Store in refrigerator.
No comments:
Post a Comment