Spring & AnniversaryAh, spring. Actually it feels more like summer today! Today's high was 91 degrees! It's been warm like this for about a week now & according to the Weather Channel, the warmth isn't leaving anytime soon.
I'm making lasagna & homemade bread tonight. The bread is rising now and the house smells so good. I love the smell of yeast =)
Aaron and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary a few weeks ago. It was the best one yet! We had so much fun. He bought me a present even though we decided not to (but I don't remember what it was haha). He's always giving me presents-- I can't complain =) We went to a brick oven pizza place in a historical building downtown. It's called Water Stone Pizza and is located on the first floor of the Craddock Terry Hotel, just beneath a distillery. We walked downtown near the river in the Historic District. We went to several antique, estate, and furniture shops. It was so much fun! I used to think downtown was just really dirty & ghetto. But I've really enjoyed it lately. I love the historical buildings with their old stone and brick. I enjoy wondering about what life was like when the building was originally built.
Vacation
We went on vacation last month! Our plan was to spend the first half of the week in Fl and the 2nd half of the week in Myrtle Beach with the family. We went to Disney World one day & had the most amazing time!! We ended up having bad (cold, rainy) weather in Fl though so we got to spend more time in Myrtle Beach. It was so much fun though. Aaron's mom & I went to a midnight movie launch for "New Moon". Aaron and his dad went to an antique car show. We watched "Alice in Wonderland" in 3-D. And we pigged out one day at "Taste of the Coast". It was pretty much the best vacation ever ;)
Funny Stories
Aaron and I went out for ice cream the other evening at this amazing ice cream stand down the road and then we took Maddie for a walk around LU's campus. Aaron had Maddie on the retractable leash. She saw a squirrel and that was the end of that haha. She chased it down & pounced it. She smacked it with her paw a couple of times, but then she let it go. She was so proud of herself haha!
Ok, I had two projects that I thought were due before they really were. Ugh. I stressed out all weekend long & work, work, worked on these projects. Then I turned them in-- early. Oy. Haha.
So I'm making dinner & can't wait for Aaron to come home!
No comments:
Post a Comment