Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's Been a While

It's been a while since I've updated my blog! Here are some updates:

We finally got our tax return on June 4th! June 4th was the deadline for my financial check-in at LU, and we needed to make a $1,900 payment by that night, so it was a HUGE blessing that it came in the morning of the deadline! Praise the Lord!!!

We got a new heat pump & a new furnace, so our house is finally nice & cold. The other one still worked, but the upstairs was always much hotter than the downstairs. That was another blessing :)

I had an intensive last week called Professional Development. It was basically a series of seminars about how to research companies, how to write cover letters & resumes, how to get interviews, interviewing tips, business etiquette, and other stuff related to getting a job. It was great information & I loved that it was an intensive format. I felt like I got more out of it.

My mom just left this morning. She called Friday & asked if she could come down the following day, so she did. We hung out yesterday and had a lot of fun.

I guess that's basically everything to update....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen!

    I think I know the class you took and I also took it as an intensive! I didn't think it was that interesting but I still pull out that book everytime I need to redo my resume or write a cover letter! haha. It's great information and I'm so glad I have that book!

    Hope you're doing well! I can't believe it's already June and we haven't hung out. Life gets so busy!

    ReplyDelete