I am very grateful that God has worked everything out with my financial aid! For a while there, it was all screwed up. First, I didn't get enough financial aid to cover my fall semester. It was short by almost $2,000. We had only a few days to pay it and absolutely no way of doing so. Then, the morning of the financial check-in deadline (June 4, 2010), our tax return was FINALLY deposited into our bank account!!! :) Praise God! YAY! So, we paid $1,900 towards my fall tuition. Fine. Well, then financial aid said I had to complete my Master Promissory Note (MPN) in order for my financial aid to process. So, the Dept. of Education mailed me a hard copy on July 17, 2010. I filled it out & mailed it back that same day. A few days later (July 25th), I got an e-mail from Financial Aid saying I should complete it electronically so my aid would process faster. So I did that. I printed it out just to be sure. On the website, it says it should take 24-72 hours to process. Four days later.... it still hadn't processed, so I took both my hard copy & my printed e-copy to the financial aid office. I got stuck with some snotty financial aid processor. It was very obvious from her general demeanor and from the wedding pictures all over her cubicle that she was a newlywed and thought that made her something. She was very passive and treated me like I was wasting her time. (I'm the one who had to drive to LU, park, walk all the way across the building, and then wait 15 minutes to see someone.) She didn't even look at the hard copies. She told me that I had to use Internet Explorer, not Firefox (which was not mentioned ANYWHERE in the e-mail or on the direct lending website). And she said I'd likely owe an additional $600+ for the fall semester b/c Liberty was going to keep 1/5 of my student loan money as "origination fees" (also not mentioned anywhere that I recall). So, I went back out into the waiting area and completed it in Internet Explorer and clicked 'print', and surprise! All their printers were down. That didn't matter anyway, because for the 3rd time, it didn't take. I had to complete this stupid thing 4 times, but it finally went through. It was such a headache!
Well, now I'm starting my last full-time semester in 4 days and two days ago, I got an e-mail from the Registrar's office saying that one of my required, upper level classes (and the only one I'm looking forward to taking) was canceled due to low enrollment. Arg!!! It's also not offered during the spring semester-- double Arg! So, I'm currently enrolled for another class and I have to get Ms. Simpson to sign off on it. I hate taking classes with Mrs. Gomes. She's a nice person and all, but she's a very skatterbrained professor and I dislike her teaching style very much. But I trust that with a good attitude, God will get me though this and I'll be done in less than 9 months now. Woo-hoo! :)
I still need to order my books online, which has been difficult since my schedule keeps changing.
Tonight is week 1 of DC4K and I'm so excited!!! :)
Tomorrow, our new windows get installed. Three people came out to measure them-- let's hope they go in nicely :)
Yesterday, Aaron surprised me and told me that he got me a meal plan for this semester so I can have lunch on campus with my brother! I was beyond excited. He's lookin' out for me :)
I was also thinking, I very much doubt that many couples can honestly say they're best friends. Aaron and I are definitely best friends and I think the majority of our time together is spent being silly and lighthearted. I know some couples who wouldn't dare goof off with each other for one reason or another. I think that's sad. I married my best friend and I've been very blessed for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment