Fall has always been one of my favorite seasons! I love the cooler weather. I love when the leaves change into beautiful golds and reds-- it reminds me of fire. And, best of all, I love memories. It was 5 years ago next month that Aaron and I started dating *sigh*. I thought about that all evening. More about that in a second.
This morning, the weather was so cool (56 degrees when I woke up around 8:30am). I took Maddie for a good, long walk at the park. I got to wear a cardigan today (if you don't know me very well, let me assure you that I LOVE cardigans! I would wear one every day if it didn't get so blessed hot around here). Well, this evening, I grilled chicken and sliced it up on top of salad. It wasn't really what I was craving (shepherd's pie... MMMM), but it did the job, I guess. After dinner, Aaron and I went to Target and I bought the prettiest cardigan! It's kind of frilly :)
After that, we went to Starbucks and shared a venti pumpkin spice latte, which was amazing! We talked for a while. It reminded me of our first date, part of which was spent at Drowsy Poet (under the old management, before it became some pothead hangout). Then, we went to Ollie's Outlet & bought a paint roller, which sadly was probably more exciting than it should have been hehe. And we went to a cool shoe store and just walked around and talked for a long time. It made me feel really thankful and comforted. I love Aaron so much and I'm so lucky that we have such a great (wonderful) relationship. It's like... obviously, he's my husband, so there's that part of it; we do things to help each other out every day (very selfless); we're best friends, so we can goof off and play around quite often; we're really open and talk about everything; and of course, all of the wonderful private moments, which I will not go into description about in a blog... lol.
But just shy of five years ago, that all began. We met on Liberty's campus, in the dining hall. We got to know each other by shooting (and missing) hoops at the Lahaye student union. And Aaron & his dorm-mates used to pull the couches out of his dorm and hook up a TV so we could watch movies outside at night :) I've also been sick with some allergy issue for a few days which brings another good memory to mind. After our first date, I was really uncertain about whether I wanted to go out with him again, actually (he talked about farting of all things on our first date at dinner!). I was praying for God to give me wisdom about what I should do. I came down like deathly ill with bronchitis over that weekend. One morning, a friend in my dorm knocked on my door and told me there was a special delivery for me in the hallway. I dragged my stinky, snotty, sickly self out of bed to take a look. There, at my door, was the most beautiful, colorful bouquet of flowers from Aaron. I think that was the moment that I fell in love with him :)
On a completely different note....
I have to choose a topic for my "History of Interiors" class for a paper I have to write. I have to choose a historical style period and write about it. I'm thinking Baroque, French Renaissance, or French Rococo... I have an hour and 42 minutes to decide.
Overall, today has been a good day :)
Oh I love the story about how you two met! So precious that he sent you flowers!
ReplyDelete