It's amazing to me how easy it is to pull away from God. I have been really exhausted for over a week, and that has definitely taken a strain on my relationship with God. I'm not exhausted for bad reasons, so the exhaustion in itself isn't the problem. However, when I'm tired, I get really crabby and I forget to care about reading my Bible or being kind to others; I just want people to get out of my way and leave me alone. And that's pretty much how I've felt all week...
Today, a professor wrongly accused me of cheating on an exam, and that really hurt me. SHE made a grading error and marked my correct answer as incorrect. When I asked her about it, she accused me of writing in the correct answer just then. It really hurt me that she would think so little of my character as to accuse me of cheating-- especially for one measly percent! Not that it's ever right to cheat, but I'm just saying... I let that bother me today and I got angry at her. Then, I came home and there was just litter all along the road. It really bothers me that people are so lazy and selfish as to just toss garbage out their car window instead of throwing it in the trash. How difficult would that be? So, I decided to put on rubber gloves and pick it up myself. As I was outside, these two bratty pre-teen girls were making a huge mess by setting up piles of cattail fluff for cars to drive over, which then made it go everywhere and when I told them to stop (because I'm the VP of the HOA and have the authority to do that...) they got all lippy and snotty, which bothered me. I would never have treated an adult like that when I was a kid. I would have gotten into so much trouble. But anyway, all of this made me so frustrated. But then God reminded me that I'm not doing a good job of following Him and being a good example to others if I allow such things to fluster me and if I allow that frustration to come between me and Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment