Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday, Sunday

The weekend is almost over, but I really can't complain because apart from a couple of annoyances, it's been a good one. Saturday, Aaron and I had planned on meeting my mom up around DC so we could see her before she leaves for Rwanda next week. Aaron took Saturday off and everything. Unfortunately, she couldn't make it. Instead, Aaron and I watched "Legend of the Guardians: the Owls of Ga'Hoole" in 3-D at the mall theater. I must say that was DARK for a children's movie, but still much better than I expected! The cinematography was great and I really liked all the action scenes. It's unfortunate that real people really are as depraved as Klud (sp?) that they hurt their own families to get ahead. But I know people like that and I'm related to people like that (not intended to hurt anyone's feelings). We went to Doc's Diner for lunch-- Yuck! The food wasn't terrible... but the service absolutely was. Our waiter was slow; when he brought out my pulled pork sandwich, I asked for extra BBQ sauce and it took almost 10 minutes and my asking another waitress to check on him before he brought it out. When I went to wash my hands, I could see into the kitchen and into the glass-door refrigerator. Inside the fridge, there were dozens of little pre-poured cups of BBQ sauce and salad dressings, so I'd like to know what took him so long. Dessert was good though! Their strawberry shortcake is tasty-- not as tasty as the cake I had at that place in TN, but still pretty good.

Last night, at 2:04am, I woke up to this repetitive "dun duh dun duh dun dun dun dun duh..." sound outside. I looked outside and of course it was one of the obnoxious neighbors. Aaron went outside with a flashlight and told him to turn it down. Please don't take this the wrong way, and maybe I shouldn't even say this in print, but the only people in my neighborhood that really cause problems are two groups of Mexican guys. They're loud all the time... blaring music in the parking lot during the day and night, making us hear the thud of their bass through our walls, and littering all around the neighborhood-- is it really that difficult to throw your garbage in the trash can??? Wow, what a concept. And you can't even confront them about it because when I did, I found out they don't speak English, so it's pointless. As I was laying in bed for TWO HOURS trying to fall back asleep, I thought about God and how utterly AMAZING He is to actually love *everyone* in the world. Murderers, liars, hypocrites, adulterers, and people who outright hate Him. God loves everyone and offers His blessed gift of salvation to EVERYone. It's amazing! There I was, hating on my neighbor, when I realized that in God's eyes, we're probably all the same, so what makes me think I'm so much better than that guy in the parking lot? Getting so philosophical in the middle of the night tired me quickly and I fell back asleep until like 9:30am, when Aaron had to wake me because he thought we'd be late for church otherwise.

Today, the weather was nice and cool. I love cool weather. I love winter & can't wait for its arrival: cool weather and no more allergens plaguing me! Yay! :) Went to church. Went to the store. Came home and made tacos, Annie's mac-n-cheese, and rocky road sundaes in waffle bowls. It was so good! Then Joe came over for leftovers for dinner. We watched "The Mask" on Netflix... not my favorite movie. A few days ago we did watch a couple of good ones though. "Mickey Blue Eyes" is now in my top 5 favorite movies. I can't remember the other one we watched. Saw "Peggy Sue Got Married" and hated it...

I made a FaceBook group for DC4K at Blue Ridge... now I just need people to join.

I'm doing really well in my classes this semester. Well, actually, I haven't checked my quiz grades for my "Balancing Work & Family" class, but I'm sure they're ok. I've gotten 100's on all of my math homework assignments and A's on all of my math quizzes. I have an exam in that class this week, so hopefully I'll remember everything. There is a mandatory study guide. I have to re-take the Career Direct Assessment for $20. Blah. I took it about 3 years ago, but I lost my printed-out results and the Career Center can't find them either. Oh well.

I'm a little worried about Aaron's job. I believe God will take care of us. And I know that worrying won't add a day to my life or make the situation any better. And I know that what I think is best rarely is, so all of the jobs that Aaron applies for and I get upset that he doesn't get.... I guess I should just not worry about it at all. I just really want him to get a new job, soon though.

1 comment:

  1. I just re-read this and realized I made the Doc's Diner trip sound better than it actually was. It wasn't just the BBQ sauce incident. My sandwich was cold by the time he finally brought it out, so maybe it was more than 10 min. Aaron's drink was empty through most of our meal. And he took forever and a day to bring our check...

    ReplyDelete