Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cold & Rainy Day

Brrr! It is so cold and rainy outside. But I really LOVE cold weather (winter is my favorite season), so I'm very thankful for it. Last week, there were several days over 90 degrees, and today it was only in the 50's. I'd much rather be cold than sweaty!

I got out of class and Aaron surprised me with a present-- a Barnes & Noble Nook. I didn't even know what to think. They're expensive! And I've recently taken over handling our finances, so I've become really cheap. My loving husband was doing something totally selfless because he wanted to make me happy and I was chewing him out for spending so much money. I even cried a little because I started to get overwhelmed about money, especially since his job situation is so "iffy" and we're getting ready to shell out $1,500 for a new roof. Praise God though for providing Aaron with full-time employment still! And praise God we own a townhouse, so the roof is significantly smaller than a single family home's. I still haven't decided whether I'm going to keep the Nook. I'd feel bad for keeping it, but I'd feel bad for taking it back, too. I know it hurt Aaron's feelings when I was saying I'd have to take it back to the store, but I'm trying to be wise with our money. I just don't know...

I'm studying Rococo art/furniture history now and really enjoying it. That was such a beautiful era, however corrupt it may have been. I still need to work on my Baroque paper. I'm starting to consider grad school. Too bad I spent too much time goofing off in college when I should have been studying; my GPA is a little low. :(

Joe came over for dinner. We grilled venison. Those who know me know that I'm not a big fan of meat. I can eat pork chops and sometimes beef (like steak at a restaurant), but meat kind of grosses me out. The venison was a little "wild" tasting for me and I just couldn't eat it. I'm having such a hard time finding food w/o soy. It's in EVERYTHING. I think I need to be a vegan or something.

Last night, I read I Peter 2. LOVE it! Talked about how God gets the glory when we patiently endure bad treatment from others. It made me think of Aaron's job. He's had such a great attitude about it and God has really blessed us.

That's all for tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment