Saturday, October 2, 2010

Beautiful Saturday & New Haircut!




Hello everyone,

Today is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It's 63 degrees and sunny. I took Maddie to the park and we got some exercise :) She loves to explore. I generally let her unless it looks dangerous or gross. Today, she drank from and splashed in just about every puddle we passed, chased a few butterflies, and examined a dead frog. I'm so glad she didn't try to eat that! She is not covered in mud, sleeping on the living room floor. I have the windows open. It's just beautiful out! :)

I got a new haircut on Thursday. This was my 2nd time going to the Sage Tryall Salon on Wards Ferry Rd. I only get my hair cut about 3x a year, so it's ok if it's a little more expensive. However, it is *less* expensive than the salon I previously went to (About Face in Wyndhurst). This place charges different prices for different stylists based on their experience level. Mine's name is Jean and she does a fabulous job. $40 is very reasonable to me, especially when you factor in all the "extras". This is a really relaxing experience. When you first get there, they offer you bottled water, Coke, or wine. Then, you're taken to their "wash house", a dark, quiet room in the back of the salon. In the wash house, there is one wall with water running down it, which sounds so tranquil. It's really dark. There are ottomans to make your back more comfortable when you're laying back over the sink. They use aromatherapy-- mmmmm. I'm relaxing just thinking about it! First, they wash your hair. Then, they massage your scalp for probably 5 minutes. They move from your scalp to your temples to the base of your skill-- probably 10 minutes. They use the conditioner and while it's setting into your hair, they turn your head to each side and massage your neck with lavender scented oil. It's really tingly and cool feeling. After they've rinsed your hair and wrapped it in a towel, they have you lean forward a bit and they rub your shoulders and upper back for a few minutes. AMAZING! And all included in the $40. Then they cut your hair and style it for you. Pictures of mine at the top. I couldn't find any pictures of how I wanted to have my hair cut. I searched online for hours and looked through about 4 hair magazines at Barnes & Noble. I explained how I wanted it cut and she did a great job!

Aaron set up my Nook for me last night and got me a $10 Barnes & Noble gift card so I can go ahead and buy a book. I'm getting ready to settle in and read it now! :)

1 comment:

  1. Meant to say, "She is NOW covered in mud and sleeping on the living room floor".

    ReplyDelete