Aaron and I worked on our kitchen cabinets again last night. I had painted as many as I could fit on the kitchen table and floor and left the rest for another day. The cabinets were oak and particle board from 1989= ugly. The old hinges were rusty, corroded brass. We tried cleaning them, but nothing worked. We had to buy new ones, but no one sells hinges with the holes in the same places as our old ones. We had to measure and drill new holes in the cabinets & the doors. Not fun! Also, new hinges are like $3 for a pack of two. We've had 30-some cabinet doors to buy new hinges for. Boo. Sometimes, I miss renting... but those times are very rare. I enjoy that our house is ours (well, technically it belongs to Suntrust lending...) and that we can do whatever we want to it without getting permission from a property manager. It's very enjoyable. It's also very expensive. But I'm very fortunate to have this house. I remember worrying if we would get approved for a mortgage with all of Aaron's student loan debt. I feel very blessed.
I am pretty much a slave to homework until next Monday. I am just taking a little break from my math homework at the moment. This math class (MATH 115) is annoying. Some of it is new information to me, but most of it is like 9th grade algebra and it's very repetitive. But I suppose the experience is good.I have a mid-term in my History of Interiors class Friday and a paper due in that same class next Monday. I'm excited that I get extra credit in that class for visiting the National Gallery of Art in D.C. over the weekend! :)
I've been so good with my soy-free diet! Today, I was enjoying a glass of F.F. chocolate milk, when Aaron read the ingredients and saw "xanthan gum" on the list, which is made from soy. So I've been sabotaging myself :( It makes my lifestyle so much harder. I can't even chew a piece of gum-- it contains xanthan gum (soy). I can't eat chocolate chips or chocolate candy. I did learn that Fudgie Wudgie & the local fudge place do not use any soy ingredients though! I was so excited. Half a pound of dreamsicle & German chocolate fudge were absolutely divine! :) But that breaks the "no refined sugars" rule. Blah. One thing at a time. I can't ban wheat and refined sugar until I conquer soy. Enough about that though.
I got this awesome Tiffany's blue nail polish over the summer and wore it yesterday & today for the first time. It's so pretty. It looks great on long nails (like mine). I just love the look of solid-color (non-metallic, non-glitter, non-shimmer) nail polish. This one is China Glaze's "For Audrey". Such a great color. I also recently lucked out and got Finger Paints "Shades of Fall" (a deep plum color) from Sally Beauty supply for $2.09 after tax :)
Today, one of my professors showed us this great mini-movie in class. It was about Lazarus and the rich man. I enjoyed it. Back to homework.
No comments:
Post a Comment