Monday, October 25, 2010

Sewing & Quilting

Aaron's parents gave me a sewing machine back in the spring and I've only used it a handful of times. I want to start sewing more and once the futon is gone, I'll have room to make a sewing area.

I've decided that I want to paint the office. Right now it's a dark brownish tan color that the previous owners painted. I hate that color and they did an awful job because they missed spots. What I want to do is paint the top half of the room the same beige (Natural Almond from Behr) as I have in the rest of the house (minus the awesome slate blue kitchen!)put a chair rail in the middle, and paint the bottom half vertical stripes: beige, brown, and a lavender color. Maybe I'll add some sage green, too. But I really love that color and the rest of the house is so un-feminine. Aaron won't mind as long as it's not in-your-face-purple. I'm so excited! But this is likely a Christmas break project.

I am going to start quilting! :) I'm so excited! I'm also going to make some ruffle pillows like the one I paid $25 for a Pier1, and make new throw pillows for the couch.I love having the living room cozier.

No comments:

Post a Comment