I got the internship at Ferguson! I'll start in January. I'm really excited about it! I'll be helping design vignettes (picking paint colors & flooring to showcase the fixtures), helping clients choose lighting, learning the ins and outs of the kitchen & bath design industry, and best of all, I'll meet a lot of interior designers which may be helpful in looking for a job.
Aaron and I went to a career fair today at the Kirkley Hotel. There were something like 50 companies recruiting interns/employees. Some were doing interviews on the spot. Aaron has leads with 3 companies he thinks he'd enjoy working for. He snagged an interview for tomorrow morning :) It's for a management position in an insurance company.
I have a really bad ear infection. It started yesterday. It's been throbbing all day despite Tylenol, Sudafed, and Claritin. Ouch. I hope it feels better tomorrow. This happened about a year ago when we flew to Las Vegas for Aaron's dad's wedding. I just cannot fly. Bad things happen to my ears. It hurt for over 4 months after the fact. I'm pretty sure that my right ear drum had ruptured then. I remember a "POP" on the plane that made my entire jaw tremble. I almost screamed, it was so painful. Then this thick, hot liquid kept leaking out of my ear. Yuck. But it's hurting again and I haven't flown recently.... so.... I just hope it goes away.
I met the director of the Liberty Godparent Home today. She was a guest speaker in one of my FACS classes. I talked to her for a few minutes after class. I asked her what all Aaron and I should be doing now to prepare ourselves for adoption (eventually). She wants me to go to a seminar to meet some other adoptive moms and the birth mothers. They hold these seminars every other month. I'll go at some point. But I think I'm going to seek out some more info from her as far as financial preparation via e-mail.
I've been reading "House" by Frank Peretti & Ted Dekker. I started reading it Sunday and tonight I met the 1/2 way point. I love it! It's a really creepy, haunted house, psycho killer story. I love having a Nook! Thanks to Aaron for that =)
We ate dinner at Liberty's Dining Hall (which is affectionately known around campus as the 'Rot). Neither of us felt like cooking. It was actually pretty decent for cafeteria food =) We've been in bed since like 8:30. Even though I wasn't sleeping, I've been resting and relaxing by reading. I'm just in a lot of pain from this ear issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment