I painted my nails last night and finished them this morning. I love painting my nails! It really relaxes me. I get a lot of compliments on them as well. This time, they're French tip with alternating sparkly green ("Emerald Sparkle" by China Glaze) and sparkly red ("Red Carpet" by Sally Hanson) tips. I also painted white snowflakes on the ring fingernails. Love them! My favorite design that I've done this year is Tiffany blue, opaque polish ("For Audrey" by China Glaze) with a snowman on the thumb and snowflakes on the ring fingernails. Very fun!
Thanksgiving is only two days away! Our menu is:
1. Roasted Chicken stuffed with garlic, onion, and lemon
2. Stuffing (StoveTop...)
3. Smashed potatoes (I leave out the butter & use sour cream & cheddar cheese instead! Yum!!!)
4. Gravy (canned...)
5. Homemade cranberry sauce (with orange juice, sugar, and ginger)
6. Wild Mushroom Couscous (maybe. It's currently my favorite food!)
7. This pineapple bake thing with cheddar cheese (I had it at a potluck over the weekend... sounds weird but it's wonderful!)
8. Homemade bread (I can't decide on dinner rolls, bread, biscuits, crescent rolls, etc.)
9. And homemade pecan pie (without corn syrup)
10. And sparkling grape juice =)
2. Stuffing (StoveTop...)
3. Smashed potatoes (I leave out the butter & use sour cream & cheddar cheese instead! Yum!!!)
4. Gravy (canned...)
5. Homemade cranberry sauce (with orange juice, sugar, and ginger)
6. Wild Mushroom Couscous (maybe. It's currently my favorite food!)
7. This pineapple bake thing with cheddar cheese (I had it at a potluck over the weekend... sounds weird but it's wonderful!)
8. Homemade bread (I can't decide on dinner rolls, bread, biscuits, crescent rolls, etc.)
9. And homemade pecan pie (without corn syrup)
10. And sparkling grape juice =)
It sounds like a lot for 3 people but a.) my brother can pack it away! and b.) I want leftovers! Mmm! Last night, I saved about $30 in groceries =)
I'm thinking about writing an Endometriosis cookbook. It's a pain in the neck to get used to. It's a pain to learn all the do's and don't's. And it can be really expensive if you don't know what you're doing. But I think I want to help other have a healthy life naturally. It's so annoying when doctors just want to pump a person full of drugs that lead to diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis, weight gain, mood swings, etc.
I'm missing my family. I haven't seen my dad in over a year. He was supposed to come a couple of weeks ago, but he never came. My mom was supposed to come in early October, but canceled at the last minute. Granny's too sick to visit (or be visited) although I'm sure Papaw could use the company. And Aaron won't get any vacation time until January, so we can't visit his family until then. Oh well...
I'm getting ready to start reading Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows on my nook. I'm going to light a yummy candle and settle into the couch (well... until the dog inevitably jumps on me).
No comments:
Post a Comment