Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ladies Night & Harry Potter

Not quite what Kool & The Gang sang about, that's exactly what song is going through mind.

Aaron and I went to church this afternoon (the 12:30 service). Today was about accountability & fellowship. At least that's what I gleaned from it. Between a smoothie date with a friend a few days ago & the service today, I've really felt led to organize some kind of small group at my house. Blue Ridge has a ladies group that meets on Monday nights that I attended a few times, but it wasn't really my cup of tea. I've really been yearning for an accountability/fellowship group. I'm really excited to see how God will work in us! Aaron bought me a Blue Ridge t-shirt today. It's long-sleeved and royal purple. The phrase "This isn't your mamma's church" is down the sleeve. But he said I can't have it until Christmas. Boo!

Today after church and a yummy lasagna lunch, Aaron and I watched Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows: part 1. I really liked it... but I think I definitely should have read the book first. I didn't read any of the Harry Potter books, but I understood and kept up with all the other movies. This one seemed like so much was left out... It seemed like it was just setting up the plot for the 2nd part. I'd planned to put it on my nook, but it's unfortunately not available in a nook book =( But my wonderfully amazing husband downloaded a PDF version online and is downloading it to my nook. I hope that's legal... I'm sure it is. We don't download movies, tv shows, music or anything illegally. I'm excited to read my book! =)

Thanksgiving break started tonight for me. YAY! I feel like a child... "Yay! No school tomorrow! I can stay up as late as I want!" But it's only 11:45pm and I'm already tired haha. I guess I could spend my child-like freedom to go grocery shopping. We're running low on just about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment