Friday, November 19, 2010

I definitely needed today. I needed to get a lot done around the house, finish registering for my internship, and spend time with a friend. This morning, Aaron had to be at work at 7:30 to do inventory. Normally, that would be his manager's job, but she's out for surgery and he's having to do his job + parts of hers while she's gone. Anyway, he had to go to work early, so I decided to wake up with him. Early. I ended up making a MASSIVE breakfast & then practically sanitizing the kitchen.

This afternoon, I went to class and Aaron had a job interview. He said, "It did not go well." I didn't want to push him into talking about it. I know he was tired when he went. I also submitted my final paperwork for my internship & got everything squared away. One of the internship coordinator guys was surprised how easily I got my internship. I got it during my first interview at the first place I called. Apparently, a lot of students are having just as hard a time finding internships as Aaron is finding a new job.

I went to Smoothie King with my friend Kristen and her miniature baby, Ellie :) She's so cute! It was so nice to just talk about life with someone who understands some of what we're going through.

Aaron and I ate at the 'Rot tonight. Apparently, we were like the last people to walk in for the night. They'd already put up all the food except cereal and main dish. None of it looked all that appetizing, but we ate anyway because we didn't want to waste two meal swipes.

I'm getting ready to make homemade cranberry sauce for the Thanksgiving lunch tomorrow. I hope I don't have an allergy overload. It's at a farm (strike 1), she has a bunch of pets (strike 2), and they have a wood stove (strike 3). If I don't fall to the floor having an embarrassing asthma attack, I might just enjoy the lunch haha. I don't mind pets-- I have a cat and a dog-- but my dog has no undercoat and I'm constantly vacuuming/lint brushing cat hair.

Granny's back in the hospital. I'm going to look for some coupons for herbal teas & Airborne & send her a care package. I might send her a puzzle book, too. She said the chemo is messing with her memory.

And that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment