Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bread & Dough

Right now, I have bread baking in the kitchen. I think homemade bread is one of my favorite smells! Mmm!

Last night, I was up until almost 2am doing homework. When I finally went to bed, I couldn't fall asleep. I laid there and read until after 3am. I've been so exhausted lately! I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving Break next week when I don't have to wake up early and go to class.

I'm really loving the book I'm reading (House by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker)! It's on my Nook & I've been reading it at night before I go to bed and throughout the day if I get time to myself. I don't have much more to read. It's scary!

Today was a decent day. My first class was really laid back. I had an exam in my 2nd class; it was fast & I think I did pretty well. Then, at my 3rd class, all we had to do was sign the attendance sheet & turn in our research papers and she let us leave. So, all in all, it was a much easier day than I anticipated. I expected to be so exhausted & bored because I stayed up too late last night.

Tomorrow, I will sign some internship paperwork with my site supervisor and also get signatures from my faculty intern advisor and the student conduct office. Then everything will be squared away. I'm becoming more and more thankful that I got this internship. It was my first interview and she hired me on the spot. A few friends in one of my classes today said they've interviewed at dozens of places without getting one lined up. So, I'm really thankful.

I'm also really thankful Aaron has a job interview on Friday!!! It's a corporate position with Target, which is something he'd really enjoy (as are most of the jobs he's applied to). Please pray for God to give him wisdom, discernment, and confidence in his interview. I'm praying that if this is *the* job, that they'll hire him on the spot. The worst part is waiting to hear back from different companies. He puts so much preparation and so much of himself into these interviews and then some of them never even bother to tell him, "We've chosen another applicant." So, they just leave him with high hopes for something they have no intentions of pursuing. We're fully trusting God still that He will bring about a job for Aaron that a.) will provide for our needs, and b.) will lead to a career he loves. It's been 4 months since he's made basically a 2nd full-time job out of job hunting. But we'll keep trusting the Lord.

Tomorrow night is "Surviving the Holidays" at DC4K. I'm actually excited about that. Thanksgiving is next week and then my mom is coming down for Christmas again this year! Yay!

This bread smells so amazing! It will tempt me for another 2 hours =(

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for Aaron and his interview! I know exactly how you feel about a place not even letting you know...that's what happened when Billy interviewed for the management position at LifeWay. They said they would let him know within a week, and it took 3 weeks, and even then it came through George, no one called to tell Billy. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete