Nothing too exciting going on here...
Aaron and I are still in Tennessee with my family. I'm sitting in the living room with my precious grandparents. Granny has been in a hospital bed since Tuesday of this week (it's currently Friday). She's severely dehydrated. She's only had maybe 20-24 ounces of water in the last 3 days and a few sips of Pepsi. She threw up bile earlier-- quite a bit. She's pretty much out of it today. She's peeked at us a few times, but not nearly as much as the last two days. She hasn't eaten anything today. All she ate yesterday was 3 spoonfulls of Yoplait yogurt and a little nibble of an orange popcicle. She's fallen asleep holding my hand a few times. She's asked for me a few times. Whenever I get ready to leave the room she asks me not to leave her, which is hard.
Today, Aaron and I went to the store for some groceries. But we made a yummy dinner of pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes and gravy, and baked beans. I think Papaw really enjoyed having a homemade dinner =). He was asking me how to cook certain things because he doesn't know how to cook-- Granny always did it. The social worker came by earlier, mainly to check on Papaw. She just wanted to make sure he has a good support system for after Granny dies so he won't become depressed. He has been too busy/sad to eat too much, so I'm so happy he ate a nice big dinner tonight and I'm glad Aaron and I got to cook it. And I'm so thankful for Aaron!!!!! He's being such a rock for me.
My dad will be here in a little while. This will be the first time I've seen him since September 2009. I'm sorry we're meeting under such sad circumstances, but glad I'll get to see him.
Kristen & Billy are watching my beasties. I'm hoping Maddie isn't being too much trouble. But I think two large dogs in anything smaller than like 3,000 sq ft is probably a hassle lol, so kudos to them. I would love to have a second dog, but not until one day when we have a big house and a fenced in yard. I'm so thankful for my friends being so supportive and helpful though. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment