Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas =)

Today is Christmas. My mom and brother are here with Aaron and me.

This morning, I woke up to snow fall for the first time (on Christmas) in my life. We all showered and got ready before we ate or opened presents. I used to be excited to rip right into them... but not since facebook started. I don't want greasy-faced pictures of me surfacing on the internet lol. We made brunch. We had fruit (watermelon & tangerines) and a sausage Pillsbury roll thing. Recipe:

-1 pkg Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
-1 pkg Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage (I used regular)
-1/3 c. chopped yellow onion
-1 8-oz pkg lowfat cream cheese

Brown & crumble sausage with onion. Strain the fat. Stir in cream cheese. Spread over pizza crust. Roll up. Bake about 25 min at 425. Viola. It was really hearty & good. I might go get another piece...

For dinner, we made pork tenderloin, loaded mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing, cranberry sauce, and "Banana Split Cake", which wasn't cake at all, but rather a concoction of graham crackers, pudding, Cool Whip, cream cheese, bananas, and pineapple.

We opened presents while we listened to Christmas music. We all got some interesting things this year... Aaron got some Mario candy and the 25th anniversary Mario game; Joe got a stone gorilla from Rwanda that has a big butt crack; I got a "cozy package" from Aaron which included the softest robe ever and DearFoams slippers. =) We got tons of presents, but those were just some of the more creative ones.

For dinner, we made pork tenderloin, loaded mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing, cranberry sauce, and "Banana Split Cake", which wasn't cake at all, but rather a concoction of graham crackers, pudding, Cool Whip, cream cheese, bananas, and pineapple.

After dinner, we played Crazy 8's, Apples to Apples, and Quelf. Well... we didn't quite finish Quelf. It's a HILARIOUS board game. I drew an action card that said I had to stand up, pinch my nose, and say, "Pardon me. I just let one rip," without laughing. My mom didn't realize it was just a card and that I didn't really "let one rip", so she busted out in laughter... so much, in fact, that she peed herself. We laughed at her so much. See, she has a kidney infection and her left kidney is really swollen. She was in the hospital all last weekend. I'm glad she was able to come at all... but I suppose her bladder control isn't the best right now. There is 44 year old woman pee on my carpet. Aaron stepped in it. We laughed a ton... but is sounds more gross than funny as I'm typing it now.

Receiving gifts and playing games was fun, and I'm glad Mom and Joe are here, but I really missed everyone else. I missed Granny especially. I really missed Papaw (spending Christmas alone) and Dad (in Baltimore, working). And I missed Aaron's family. Fortunately, we'll get to see them next month. They make such a big to-do over holidays. My family would be quite content eating take out and playing card games all day. I know it is Christmas, but I missed so many people it really didn't feel like "Christmas" to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment