Saturday, December 18, 2010

Today, I said, "See ya later," to my grandmother. Her viewing and funeral were tonight at the funeral home down the street. I think Papaw handled it VERY well. It was a very sweet service and a touching time of remembering her. She was such a happy, encouraging woman. She was gone before she died. She'd been unconscious the whole day that she died. Uncle Jim was holding her hand and Papaw was standing nearby. Sweet, sweet Granny. So many people came! She will be buried tomorrow afternoon and then we are taking Papaw out to dinner for their anniversary-- to celebrate the life the shared and the fact that she's now in Heaven. I hope he'll be ok.

On their first anniversary, Papaw gave her a gold ring with a marquis cut sapphire in the middle. She gave it to me a few years back, but it is a size 4 and I never thought about having it sized. I think I'll have it sized when I get back and start wearing it. It's an heirloom now.

No comments:

Post a Comment