This is a blog about life. Our life. Work. Pets. Home ownership. Hobbies.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Groceries, continued
Ok, I went over my budget, BUT I won't have to buy cleaning supplies for probably a month and next week, I'll just have to buy a few fresh things like meat and milk. So, I'm still feeling pretty good about my trip to Kroger today. :) With the exception of ground beef, everything I bought was either on sale or "couponable". We have more than enough for breakfasts (with variety!), lunches, dinners, and snacks, and some for next week. Almost everything was organic or all-natural. Everything was soy-free! :)
I'll start with the best deals of all, as pictured below:
Kroger was having a Mega Event which took 50 cents off of select items, provided you buy in increments of 10. I bought more than 10 items, so some didn't get discounted. Starting with the back row:
-Quaker rice snacks (for Aaron's lunches): 79 cents a bag (normally $2.19/bag)
-Wisk laundry detergent (my first time using it): $3.99 (normally $6.49). It was on sale for $4.99 and I had a $1 coupon.
-Sobe Life Water: 49 cents each (normally $1.69). Part of the Mega Event.
-Jello: 57 cents each (normally $1.59). These were on sale & I had a coupon for 55 cents off 3.
-BEST DEAL OF ALL: Hunts canned tomatoes: I got 3 cans for a total of 47 cents! They were normally 99 cents each and were on sale for 49 cents (Mega Event). I had a coupon for $1 off 3 cans. Essentially, two cans ended up being free and one was 1/2 off. Or you could look at it like they were each about 16 cents.
-Vick's Nyquil: $2.49 for the large bottle. It was normally $5.99, on sale for $5.49, and I had $3 in coupons.
-(not pictured) Pantene shampoo & conditioner: $2 each (normally $3.82 each). On sale for $3 and I had a coupon for $2 off two bottles.
Everything today + everything I bought at Target last night (my last blog post) was $83.19 and that included laundry detergent, cleaning products, shampoo, conditioner, face wash, shower gel, dish detergent, and cough medicine. My total savings with coupons and sales was $52.20.
Now, I don't have to buy laundry detergent, personal hygiene products, or any cleaning products for at least a month.
Meals this week (in no particular order):
1-Homemade pizza with a homemade ciabatta crust
2-Baked nachos with ground beef, refried beans, cheese, and toppings
3-Chicken parmesagn with couscous
4-Grilled cheese on homemade bread with roasted red pepper and tomato soup
5-Spaghetti and homemade meatballs
6-Grilled chicken salad with carrots, radish, mandarin oranges, Crasins, and apple
And, of course, Jell-o for dessert lol! Lots and lots of Jell-o.
I'll go shopping again next Friday, but we already have a lot of stuff here including macaroni & cheese, several boxes of pasta noodles, TONS of cheese, and boxed stuffing. All I'll really need to buy next weekend is a big pack of chicken from Sam's Club (around $12), Shake-n-Bake (coupon), milk, and maybe some yogurt. At least that's what I'm aiming for....
Anyway, here's to healthy eating on a budget and being a good steward of God's provisions :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment