Saturday, January 29, 2011

Week Update

So, I’ve finished Week 1 of my internship. When I left Friday, I had a little over 21 hours. 129 to go. I’m really enjoying it. Almost too much, actually… It’s one of those *knock on wood* scenarios I guess. I’m afraid to say that I’m enjoying it so much because, knowing my luck, it’ll start to suck after that lol. But everyone has been really welcoming and helpful and I’m getting to do a lot of fun stuff. It's a great internship and I think it's going to open a lot of doors for me! That’s about all I’m going to say about it in blog format.

I work Mondays-Thursdays 10-3 and Fridays 8-1:30. Thursday nights, Aaron and I have The Split at BRCC and we usually don’t leave until about 10pm. I have to wake up at 6am on Fridays, so you can imagine how tired I am at work. Today is a relaxing day. I have managed to clean the downstairs bathroom and kitchen and make dinner, though. I have also updated my résumé and created a LinkedIn account today. Here's my page: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jejensen3 . I just feel so tired. I don’t even want to leave the couch to take a shower. It’s 4pm and I haven’t even washed my face. I know that’s disgusting, but I’m just SO tired!

I thought I’d share a little about this week’s deals. I’ll blog again later so that I cover everything.

****************************************************************************************************

I went to Target for essentials last night, armed with coupons. As it turns out, Target is VERY picky about which coupons they’ll accept. For example, I had a manufacturer coupon for $1 off two bottles of Tilex (any variety). I got a disinfecting bathroom spray and a daily shower spray. There was a little hang tag coupon on one of the bottles for $1.50 off two bottles (so, $2.50 off 2 bottles now). There was also little sticker coupon on the other bottle for 50 cents off one bottle. Those 3 coupons together should have saved me $3, making one bottle free. Instead, the cashier griped about it and gave me a hard time and then she only scanned the two lowest priced coupons. So, instead of $3 off, I only got $1.50 off. So, instead of paying $3.88 for two bottles, I had to pay $5.38. Other than that very annoying setback, my Target adventure was a frugal one. I had printed several Target coupons online before we left and I also had some manufacturer’s coupons. I got:

-Neutrogena face wash (normally like $6.99/bottle) in the big bulk area at the price of 2 bottles for $9.99. That’s a savings of $3.99.

-Caress shower gel: 2.49. (Normally $3.49) with a $1 off Target coupon.

-Kraft shredded cheese: $1.87/each. Normally $2.49/each.

-Finish Dishwasher Cleaner: 2.09. (Normally $3.59) I had a $1 off and 50 cents off for $2.09.

-I got a bag of Reeses PB cups for the teens at The Split next week. $2.89- $1= $1.89/bag.

-My best deal at Target was Jet Dry. It’s normally $2.54 for the smallest bottle. I had both a $1.50 coupon and a 40 cent coupon, so I got it for 64 cents.



I do need to get moving though because I need to walk Maddie and finish grocery shopping. I'll post a new blog either later tonight or tomorrow when I finish my grocery shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment