Sunday, January 2, 2011

Title? I don't know...

I must say, I have felt very out of place this Christmas break. I'm so used to Sundays being a dreaded day of math torture (seriously, 5-9 hours of math homework every Sunday). Some people asked why I didn't just spread it out over the course of the week. My answer-- why make every day suck? But all my hard work was worth it because I made the Dean's List =) That's a first for me. I feel really weird not doing homework. I can't wait until I start my internship. I'm so excited! And I'm even more excited to graduate and for Aaron to graduate. In 2 months and 8 days, we'll have been married 4 years. It doesn't seem like it's been that long at all! Sometimes, I don't feel like a "grown up". I know it's because I can't have kids and I'm still in college and not working... thus, people rudely don't treat me like one and in turn, I don't feel like one sometimes. Come on-- I'm 23... Life is just so different than I ever would have imagined it to be. But I'm excited to see what's next.

We went to church this afternoon (the 12:30 service). I'm excited about this new sermon series, "Life Interrupted". It sounds like just what Aaron and I need to hear for this next phase in our lives. I'm also REALLY excited to start working in "The Split"! It's going to be great! And Aaron's going to join us, too (granted he passes his interview and background check... which won't be a problem).

After church, I called my grandpa. He seems to be doing really well, which is awesome! I know he misses Granny, but he's not giving up on himself, you know? After church, Aaron washed dishes, cleaned the litter box, and washed laundry (YAY!). I put together chicken salad and homemade bread for dinner and worked on my quilt a little bit. We're going to eat in a few minutes and then maybe see a movie with my brother. Oh, also, our roof is done! No more hammering at 8am!!!

I'm normally not a big fan of New Year's Resolutions because most people don't stick to them for very long and we can often get caught up in our own goals and plans and miss out on what God wants us to do. Nevertheless, I decided to set some that are really important to me this year. However, I'm calling them goals, not resolutions.

My 2011 Goals

1.) Really seek and heed God's will for my life. Run hard after God. Be open to wherever He leads Aaron and me.

2.) Consume only soy-free foods. Only "cheat" on special occasions like anniversary, birthday, etc. Be VERY STRICT about this!

3.) Exercise. Take Maddie to the park more often, use LU's gym, etc.

4.) Do well at my internship. Be diligent about finding a job.

5.) Go on a missions trip!

6.) Get more involved at Blue Ridge.

7.) Not let differences come between family members and me.

8.) Finish school strong!

2 comments:

  1. I like your goals...they sound realistic! I'm still trying to think through my goals...maybe they should be "survive 2011" lol. I can't believe you guys have been married for almost 4 years...and I can't believe Billy and I are right behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha-- surviving is a good goal :) Normally, I don't bother with resolutions. Everyone is like, "I want to lose 50 lbs!"

    I don't feel like it's been almost 4 years either! It's so funny though. This time 4 years ago:

    -I was going to the doctor so I could start using the pill because I cringed at the thought of getting pregnant so young.
    -Aaron was planning our honeymoon and I was nervous he was going to take us somewhere stupid or cheap (and a nice resort in Hawaii definitely surprised me!).
    -We were so worried Aaron's job wouldn't be enough to pay our bills. We both worked and made WAY more than we've had in the last 2 years, but we lived by poorer standards. I think our big problems were going out to eat so often when we first got married and being wasteful.
    -This time 4 years ago, we wrote out a 5 year plan. We were so discontent with the life God blessed us with because it wasn't the life we wanted. About a year ago, our old landlord found that 5 year plan under the fridge at our first apartment and he mailed it to us. We laughed when we saw it.

    It's been interesting, I'll give it that.

    ReplyDelete