Today was so busy, but kind of fun, too. First, the not-fun part was dealing with LU (next paragraph). Then we watched "Legend of the Guardians" at the $1 theater in 3-D. We had seen it at the nice theater when it first came out. I love that movie! The cinematography is incredible. Tonight, we made grilled chicken, steamed green beans, and baked beans. So simple, so good. Then we went to the UPS place to pick up Aaron's slippers. I bought him a pair of nice Docker's slippers for Christmas, but they were too big so we had to order them from Kohls.com. He's excited to have them =). After that, we went to Dairy Queen. I realize how horribly unhealthy that is, but most of my delicious hot fudge milkshake ended up on my coat rather than in my stomach anyway because the cup had a hole in it... I don't know why I even bother with Dairy Queen lol. I worked at a DQ in high school, and I am super-critical of them now. The one near my house is always doing something that irks me. But until Mister Goody's opens in the spring, DQ will have to meet my sweet-tooth desires.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Last night, Aaron got an e-mail saying he had been placed on academic suspension... which was absolutely stressful. (Don't freak out-- God took care of it!) We looked on Liberty's website on ASIST and on his degree completion plan page. Apparently, the DCP was updated, but ASIST was not. Basically, as an MBA major, you have to complete 45 credit hours and maintain a GPA minimum of 3.0. Aaron has done really well-- A's and B's. However, he failed a class over the summer. This made his GPA drop to a 2.58. He re-took the class during the fall semester and passed with a C. It was an accounting class and math isn't his thing. I'm proud of him for getting a C because he busted his butt on that class! However, his GPA is still below 3.0 at 2.83. In November, he changed his major from MBA to MA of Management and Leadership, which is only 30-some credit hours and a minimum GPA requirement of 2.5. (He'll still graduate at the same time.) The LU Online person he chatted with said that as long as he had a 2.5 or better GPA by the end of the fall term, he'd be fine. Well... ASIST never registered that his major had been changed and never replaced the F with the C, so the wrong GPA was listed as well. That is the reason all this happened. Because of that, we spent hours today at the Student Service Center trying to figure all this out. Because he was on academic suspension, they also put him on financial aid suspension. He did have to write a letter and get a letter from his boss to appeal his financial aid suspension, but they granted the appeal right there on the spot. Everything else should work out fine. I think the issue with the registrar's office is because of his ASIST account not updating. Fortunately, after hours at Liberty, getting a letter from Aaron's boss saying he's part-time now, and lots and lots of prayer, everything worked out and he's good to go for his classes this term. Praise God! =)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
We figured we'd double check my account while we were up there. Thankfully, everything for my account looks good, too. =)
I talked to my internship supervisor yesterday. She's working on my schedule now. We're aiming at my working 25 hours/week for 6 weeks. I'll work M-F, 10:00-3:00. She's been so kind and flexible about everything. On my résumé, I have listed that I volunteer at Blue Ridge Community Church. At my interview, she told me she goes to Blue Ridge, too, which is cool. My mom gave me $75 to buy "professional clothes" when she came down for Christmas. I'm so excited for that because a.) we don't have the money and b.) I NEED some! I own two pairs of dress pants-- one is too big. I own one skirt. One pair of black shoes. Fortunately, I own a lot of nice shirts and cardigans.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
As you've probably gathered, I LOVE nail polish. I have over 30 bottles of nail polish. Aaron thinks I need professional help. But I enjoy painting my nails and I think nails without polish looks so boring, and nails with chipped polish looks so sloppy. My nails are nice and long *knock on wood* and I am relaxed by painting them. I made a little trip to Sally Beauty Supply today and bought some amazing base coat. Normally, I hate base coat. I've tried China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat (such a joke), Sally Hansen Hard as Nails base coat, and a couple others. They've all made my nail polish take longer to dry and rub off easily. Today, I bought one called Nail Life Gripper. It's teal colored and comes in a rectangular bottle. It's 1 oz instead of .5 like most polishes. I used Christmas present money and got it for $6.99 at Sally's. I LOVE it! =) I am so pleased with it. It just takes a minute to dry and it definitely lives up to its name my gripping the nail polish. I don't like the color I used though... I let Aaron pick, so what did I expect? Hehe. It's like Easter bunny purple. I've been wanting to find matte nail polish, but no stores around here carry it. I've also been looking for the perfect gun metal color polish, but can't find that either. I looked on Amazon.com and found OPI nail polish for $2.60/bottle (it's 10 bucks at Target) and I found a China Glaze Matte Magic top coat for $4-ish. Aaron is an Amazon Prime member and he's supposed to get free shipping. But when I went to buy them, they wanted me to pay $8 in shipping for a $7 order... I don't know why it wouldn't work. I'm a little bummed about that because it was definitely a great buy.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
So, Aaron's job is officially part-time. Now we're going to have to live on half the income we had been used to. I'm trying to think of more ways to be cheap... I mean, to be frugal ;) I've been researching what people would do to get by during the great depression (since this is our great depression...). I heard of families camping out in city/county parks during the warm summer months so they wouldn't have to pay for rent or electricity; then when winter rolled around, they had extra money saved to live on. I can't do anything that extreme, but I am working on a few projects. I already shop with coupons, which saves a lot of money. I'm trying to be less wasteful with food, lotion/shampoo/shower gel, and gas. The only place I have to drive over Christmas break is to the grocery store. I'm still working on the conservation of bath supplies... I just can't bring myself to give up my two showers a day routine. I'm going to work on conserving electricity, but I like to be warm (72-74) in the winter and cool (67-70) in the summer. We've been turning down the heat a little at night and using a small space heater in our room. That thing cooks! We also now both have warm, plushy robes and nice slippers, so we don't have to keep the house as warm.
We love Tide laundry detergent. Some things I don't mind buying generic-- especially Up & Up. But I just love everything about Tide. I love the smell. I love how clean it gets our laundry. I love that it doesn't fade colors. We made some homemade laundry detergent over the summer out of Ivory soap, baking soda, Borax, and water. But the consistency was too weird to be trusted. It was super gloopy like grape jelly consistency no matter how much I stirred it. I did a few loads of towels with it. While they smelled clean enough, I noticed that the laundry detergent stayed globby and never really mixed in well or sudzed up. I think we might try it again (maybe a different recipe) when we run out of Tide. I'm waiting to get a bunch of Proctor & Gamble samples & coupons in the mail next month. That'll be nice, too.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
My animals are being disgusting. Opal just barfed on the floor and Maddie ate it before Aaron could get to it (I wasn't about to go near it... lol).
That's about it...
No comments:
Post a Comment