Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wreath & Furniture Polish

First off, I wanted to share something I read on a chiropractor's sign down the street from our house. "When life gives you lemons, give the lemons to God." I just love that.

I injured my right shoulder last night and it's been hurting something fierce ever since. At first, I was sure it was dislocated because I couldn't move it at all. However, in touching it, we noticed that the bone is definitely not just freely hanging below the joint. I can move it a little bit today, but it's really throbbing, especially when I try to lift it to the front or to the side. It was worst when I first woke up because I accidentally slept on that side last night. I don't know what's wrong with it, but I hope it heals soon. However, having a sore shoulder was a free pass to bum around today =)

Tonight, I finally took down the Christmas lights and the wreath from our front door. I made a new winter wreath. I'm not totally loving it as I do some of my other wreaths... But it's ok, I guess. I went with blue, white, and brown. I even made the bow. In the future, I will use wireless ribbon. In this picture, it's hanging on a living room wall because it wasn't showing up well on the front door in the dark.


I also made homemade furniture polish. Pledge is just SO expensive. It smells wonderful, and I love having dust-free furniture, but I didn't want to spend $4 on it. I found a recipe online that I like. Basically, just mix 2 parts olive oil to one part lemon juice (I used the bottled kind). Pour it into a spray bottle and shake well before use. It works great! It makes my furniture very shiny, but not sticky or slimy. The only thing I don't like is the smell. Like I said, I love the smell of pledge. This actually smells kind of gross lol. But it's so much cheaper and just as convenient (it takes all of 30 seconds to pour in a bottle). That's about the end of my thriftiness today.

I'm so excited to leave for Myrtle Beach in less than 2 days! =) We'll be there for an entire week. I'm looking forward to Sunday brunch with Aaron's grandparents (his grandmom is an AMAZING cook!), hanging out with Ryan & Stacy (Aaron's twin brother, recently engaged), and hanging out with Aaron's parents. Maddie will have a fenced in yard to run around in. I just hope she doesn't dig more holes this time! Last time we took her, she practically dug up their entire back yard and then buried Aaron's mom's dogs' toys. I think we'll buy a bag of topsoil ahead of time just in case... lol. It's supposed to snow tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday. I love snow! I'm so excited for it as long as it doesn't impede our travel plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment