Today, I started designing a product vignette for Ferguson. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a display area for products Ferguson sells to give customers design ideas. We have them for kitchens and bathrooms. This one is 5 feet wide x 3 feet deep and is showcasing a Mirabelle whirlpool tub. Today, I picked the cultured marble for the three framing walls. The tub is white and the marble walls will be white with gray swirls. I'll also get to pick the paint color(s) and faucets/knobs/shower head/drain. My supervisor said she might have me do another one with a lavatory and a toilet in a week or two. I'm enjoying that. I've completed about 92 of 150 hours.
My Interior Design Society membership package came in the mail on Friday. It included a benefits package, a membership card, and a window sign to display wherever I get a job. I'm really excited about it and really looking forward to graduating and being done with school.
After I got off work today, I went grocery shopping. I successfully stayed under budget. Some of my deals this week were actually really good!
-Gillette Fusion ProGlide razor: Norm $10.93 @ Kroger ($9.99 at Target). It was on sale $3 off and I had a $4 Kroger coupon. It ended up being $3.93
-Benefiber: Normally $8.69 at Kroger. I had a $3 Kroger coupon + a $3 manufacturer coupon. I got it for $2.69.
-Some dual sided Glade plug-in thing. Normally $5.04 at Target. I had a $3 off coupon and got it for $2.04.
I bought some Land O' Lakes butter that was for sale 10/$10, but looking at my receipt now, I noticed it rang up $2.99. I have to take it back tomorrow. Since it rang up wrong, they're supposed to give it to me for free. So, hey, there's more savings right there.
Also, Aaron and Papaw changed my oil over the weekend. The oil + oil filter was about $20. Jiffy Lube charges $50 for their High Mileage oil change, so we saved $30 there, too! :)
I'm trying several new recipes this week. I copied several of my Granny's recipes while I was visiting Papaw over the weekend. New recipes for this week:
Farfalle football feast (tonight)
Homemade Chili (Papaw's recipe)
Triple Berry Upside Down Corn Cake (it looked SO good in the picture)
Granny's peanut butter roll candy
We were also really blessed again by my grandparents this weekend. While Granny was alive, she was the coupon queen. She could save so much money that cashiers would have to call their managers to double check her receipts. She kept her house stocked with things like toothpaste, shampoo, air freshener, cake mixes, etc. Before we left, Papaw gave me a whole cabinet-full of canned/boxed goods to bring home.
Tonight I made Farfalle Football Feast (not sure about the name... it was Granny's) with crescent rolls. It was really good! There is so much of it!
12-15 oz hot Italian sausage (about 3 sausages)
1 box farfalle pasta
10 oz frozen lima beans
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
6 Tbsp olive oil
6 sun dried tomato halves (from olive bar), julienned
Boil pasta noodles. With about 5 min remaining of boil time, add frozen lima beans to noodles & boiling water. Cook. Strain, reserving 1/2 c. boiling water. Return to pot (off burner).
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage. Crumble well. Remove from pan. In same pan, add 6 Tbsp olive oil and brown onions, about 5 min. Return sausage to pan. Add garlic & crushed red peppers. Remove from heat.
Slice the sun-dried tomatoes. Pour 1/2 c. boiling water over them in a bowl and let them absorb for 5 min.
Add all ingredients together. Continue to heat for 10 min.
I would have made the peanut butter candy tonight as well, but I'm out of sugar and I forgot to buy it at the store :( Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment