It's official: the Kroger where I shop is no longer going to stack coupons. One coupon per item. Period. As much as this annoys me, it also makes me excited to start shopping at other stores.
Today, I got on the Extra Care bandwagon at CVS. To get the story accurate, I have to go back a few weeks. My friend Kristen had blogged about getting tons of stuff for free by using multiple transactions with her Extra Care Bucks. I got all excited to save more money, so I went to the CVS up the road. The teenage cashier told me they don't have Extra Care cards there and that I had to drive to Richmond (2+ hours away) to sign up for one. Well, I got aggravated and left. Today, I called back to verify that he was correct and, as I assumed, he was not. We made a 15 minute trip to CVS on our way to The Split tonight and boy am I excited! CVS has a sale going on where you buy $30 in certain items and then get $10 back in Extra Care Bucks (ECB's). I had expected it to be confusing and frustrating, but it was actually very simple. I made a list of what I wanted before I went and then my ECBs printed at the end of my receipt. For $30, I got this:
Tide Laundry detergent (64 loads): $10, originally $15-ish + $1 coupon
Bounty paper towels (8 pack): $5.99
Charmin 12-pack toilet paper: $4.49 (I had a $1 coupon); bought two packs
Dawn dish detergent: 99 cents
CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara: $4.50 ($1.50 coupon)
CVS is typically more expensive than Target and Kroger, but when they have sales, it's worth it. According to my receipt, I saved $20 with sales & coupons. Now I have $10 off of my next purchase at CVS =)
And I have to brag on my husband. I have been PMSing horribly today. Crying, yelling, chewing him out over the smallest things (like not putting his shoes up or leaving a glass on the counter). I've been so mean. Let's just say, had someone treated me that way, I'd say, "See ya when you're not crazy anymore." But what did he do? He bought me a card and wrote all the ways he loves me, and he gave me a Precious Moments book about love and 3 little fuzzy flowers just to be sweet. He's amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment