Friday, April 1, 2011

Front Row Tickets... to Gripe Fest

What a day... I just finished giving my brother's girlfriend a manicure, so I'm a little lightheaded from inhaling nail polish fumes. This blog is probably going to be all over the place. Probably. Maybe not. We'll see.

I'm in such a gripey mood right now.
This all started last night when I kept having bad dreams. Every time I woke up and made myself think of other things, I'd fall back asleep to dream about the same thing: that my dad & my Papaw both died of heart attacks on the same day. I don't know why I dreamed that! Needless to say, I got very little sleep last night.

Then, I woke up early, straightened up the house, clipped coupons & made my grocery game plan, went to the post office, and then went grocery shopping. Grocery shopping on the first of the month is just never a good idea. Not to sound snotty, but that's Welfare day, so the stores are really crowded and the lines are long.

I'm also getting really annoyed by stores not honoring their own coupon policies and smarty-pants teenagers playing Coupon Police in the checkout line. This happened at Target today. I had a Tide manufacturer coupon for $1 off any Tide item. Since I have two practically full bottles of Cheer & Wisk, plus a tub of homemade detergent, I decided to use it to get the trial size for free. Yay for free. I grabbed a few other cleaning items and headed to the register. Well, the cashier decided not to ring up my Tide coupon. First, she said it was because I was buying the trial size and that the coupon supposedly said I couldn't use it on the trial size (it did not!). I told her the coupon said nothing about exclusions of any kind. So then she changed her story to, "Well, I'm not allowed to let anything ring up free. I got in trouble for that once." Arguing was getting me nowhere. I couldn't believe she was being so stingy- it's not like it was coming out of her paycheck. And either way, that's not my problem. I was within store coupon policies. I ended up telling her I didn't want the detergent. I'm not getting mad over $1. I'm just frustrated with the cashier's attitude and the way she lied about their coupon policy. After that, I went to Kroger. The cashier at Kroger rang up a few items incorrectly. So now, for the third week in a row, I have to drive my receipt back and make them give me a refund. Now, Kroger's policy when something rings up wrong is to give the customer that item free. They have not done this for me in the past, and I have never made a big deal of it. Usually, they just give me the extra $1 off or whatever the sale/coupon amount was supposed to be. But seriously, with the time and money I spend driving out to Forest, they should give me a full refund of the products they rang up wrong. So, that's what I get to do tomorrow. Fun stuff. I guess on the bright side, I'll be getting a couple of things for free. I made a video about my savings today... something different. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

Speaking of Kroger, someone informed me today that some Krogers are changing their coupon policies so that they will not allow stackable coupons (manufacturer + store coupons; just one or the other), and that they will no longer double coupons 50 cents and under. I hope that doesn't happen here!
I feel like every effort I make at saving money is sabotaged. So, that definitely has me feeling defeated. Maybe I'm overreacting. But seriously...

Then, I had an issue with someone being extremely rude to me on facebook because her political opinion of someone differed from mine. And, to boot, she's my aunt. Is she unaware that speaking in ALL CAPS and adding excessive exclamation points is RUDE!!! lol What got me the most was the incorrect assumption that I have to share beliefs with her and that because I don't, I'm apparently not a proud American or I don't love my country or something ridiculous like that. So yeah... That got on my nerves.
I miss the days when facebook was only for college students.

And now, for about 20 minutes, my dog has been barking at who knows what. She's normally a really quiet dog. She only barks at the neighbor walking up our shared sidewalk. But today, let me tell 'ya. Sheesh. I wish she understood English ("Shut up furry beast!").

And that's the end of Jen Gripe Fest. Maybe my monthly visitor is coming early. I feel so moody and hateful. Blah.

2 comments:

  1. I've gotten the trial sized Tide for free at Target before...I say just save your coupon and try again next time you're there. Also, I heard about the new Kroger coupon policy...so far, they're just saying that they're not allowing people to stack manufacturer coupons with e-coupons (although I just did this--for the first time--a couple of days ago, after I had heard rumors about them not doing it anymore and it worked for me, because the cashier was nice and it was 9:30 at night lol). I think their policy has always been like that but they never enforced it...if you got a nice cashier they would do it for you. I think now the computer stops them from ringing both coupons up. So far, the "no doubling" policy is only for Houston, TX I think. People are definitely freaking out about it though and complaining to Kroger. I definitely won't shop there if they stop doubling here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not such a big deal today. It's only a couple of bucks-- not worth staying mad over. It was frustrating in the moment though (and for the rest of the day).

    Kroger has always stacked my coupons and there have been several times I've gotten things for free. The times they didn't stack my coupons, the customer service people were always nice and did it for me. This time, some of my e-coupons didn't ring up even though I wasn't using manufacturer coupons for the same items. Oh well. But I'm with you, if they stop doubling coupons, I won't shop there anymore. Things are a lot cheaper elsewhere unless Kroger is having a good sale. And I feel that if they decide to change their policy or just start enforcing it, they need to make it known to their customers before they end up spending more than they had counted on.

    I'm not feeling as hateful today lol.

    ReplyDelete