Monday, April 25, 2011

Health

I'm going to start living healthier.
I tried last summer/fall... I actually did really well. Then I gave up on it.
Now, a friend I've known since middle school has inspired me to start exercising, specifically running.
Admittedly, I've never been a fan of running. I played both basketball and volleyball in high school, but only so I wouldn't have to take P.E. I've never been super-athletic. But there's a first for everything, right?
I'm going to need some accountability. I might start blogging. I might start a v-blog on Youtube. I want input. I want accountability. I want encouragement. Mostly, I want accountability. I want someone to question me if I miss a day or if I pig out.
I got some new running shoes today. A-mazing.
I'm going to plan healthier meals. I'm already pretty good about only using all-natural and organic food, and about making things from scratch rather than eating food that comes canned or boxed (yuck). Hamburger Helper was at the base of my food pyramid growing up. :( It has scarred me for life.
So, from now on (well, once I get home Wednesday), it's going to be lots of vegetables, fruits, and lean meats. I'm going to try quitting sweets cold turkey. I'm much too addicted to them. I could eat candy, cake, ice cream, and CHOCOLATE allllll day long and never tire of it.
Tomorrow morning, I'll weigh myself and then keep a public record of my weights/sizes/exercise.
I don't mind my size. It ranges by store, but I mainly wear 8s. I would like to tone down, though. I hate exercising, but I love the way it makes me feel. Happier. Clearer-minded. Healthier. Prettier. Stronger. More determined.

1 comment:

  1. Your already beautiful...but exercise does make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete