My mom shared that quote with me earlier. I thought it was so cute and so insightful... in a hillbillie kind of way. Today has been such an odd day. For starters, I woke up at 7:45 after staying awake doing homework until after midnight. I gave Aaron a haircut while I was still tired and wobbly. Thank God it's not crooked lol.
The landscapers came yesterday. Correction, ONE of the landscapers came yesterday. Wait, another correction, the OWNER of the landscaping company came yesterday. He butchered the lawns, didn't weed eat, and left huge piles of grass clippings all over the sidewalks and parking lot. What in the world? This is what $90/month HOA dues are going toward? This has bothered me the whole time I've lived here. The president of the HOA is the owner of the landscape company we use (Autumn Care Lawncare of Altavista. I don't recommend them). We bought our house during the winter, when the grass was dead and short. He lied about how often they come out and lied about what the HOA dues cover. Ugh. This is the one thing about my home that really annoys me. It's outside my control. I sent dozens of e-mails to the HOA treasurer (his mom...) last year asking them to hire a different company, but to no avail. We were supposed to have an HOA meeting last month and it was never even scheduled. Annoying.
Maddie is balled up on a blanket beside me. I love my beastie :)
Someone is buying our futon tonight! I CAN'T WAIT for that thing to be gone!!!!! That room is going to look top-notch when I finally paint it, hang some art, and rearrange furniture.
No comments:
Post a Comment