Saturday, April 16, 2011

While the rest of America bums on a Saturday...

I met my dad in Charlottesville for breakfast this morning. I'm so tired. I had a good time talking with him though. Apparently I need to get rid of this shirt I was wearing. My dad said it made me look pregnant. Thanks, Dad. lol (He doesn't know our predicament.)

Graduation is one month from today! I'm excited and seriously hoping it doesn't rain. Aaron's step-dad and step-sister are coming.
I really hope Aaron's mom and brother come, but it's looking like a let-down so far. We were planning to go to Aaron's brother's graduation from Coastal Carolina University for months. It's May 7th. Then, he told us he wasn't graduating until December. Then about two weeks ago, he told us that he is graduating now and wants us to come. I don't understand how someone can not know whether or not they're graduating in a given semester. I've heard "Yes, I am," and "No, I'm not," so many times. I'm still not 100% sure he is. We'd love to see him graduate and show our support-- it's taken him 9 years. But Aaron can't get off work two weekends in a row plus the week after graduation when we're going on vacation. Oh well. I wish him well.

I've been painting since yesterday. I finally painted all the trim around the door frames upstairs and the trim along the stairs. I hate off-white trim. Hate it. It is my professional opinion that it looks dirty 9 times out of 10. Some color schemes can pull it off, but I've seen very few off-white trim situations that didn't look old and/or dirty. Beige? Fine. Taupe? Awesome. Tan? Go for it. Any other color? Be brave. But off-white? No. No way. No way, Jose! The trim through our whole house now is ultra white. At first, I worried it would be harsh on the eyes, but it actually looks very clean and crisp and helps our house look newer. I also painted the guest bedroom's closet. That was quite a task. It needed to be organized! Now everything is in its proper place. I'm seriously procrastinating moving our desks and bookshelf to paint the rest of the room. Painting is probably my least favorite home improvement task.
I guess I should get crackin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment