Well, I made a video earlier because I figured that would be faster and more fun than blogging. I've spent over an hour trying to upload it to blogger and it won't. Oh well. I'll just type it all out.
Our graduation announcements came in the mail over the weekend! I was excited to see them. I still don't quite grasp the fact that I'm finally graduating. Every spring, I get a little depressed and refuse to think about graduation because I have failed myself in finishing my degree again and again. Well, no more. I AM finishing. I just wish I could wrap my mind around it! Anyway, back to the announcements. I ordered them from www.vistaprint.com. They were $39 for 20 of mine and 20 of Aaron's, then I got a 50% off coupon from www.coupons.com, which made them like $19. Shipping was a rip off though-- $16! Initially, I wanted to get nice, professional announcements with the university's seal on them. There are only two companies I found that will print LU's seal. The cheaper of the two was about $80 for 20 announcements, their smallest package. That would be $160+ shipping for mine and Aaron's. So, we got them from VistaPrint for under $40. They're not as nice as they looked on the website. Aaron's, for example, looks like cheapo stationary from Walmart that we ran through our own printer. Mine are smaller than a post card. That was a little disappointing, but I'm glad to have them. Now I just have to address and mail them...
I painted our 2nd bedroom yesterday. It was the only remaining room in our house with the ugly brown paint that the previous owners used. Now it's the same color as the rest of our house (minus the blue kitchen). We're working on marking the walls to paint 10" vertical stripes in a contrasting color on the bottom 33" and we'll nail up white chair rail when we're done with that. It's a little hard to to school work since everything is displaced.
I really hope and pray that Aaron gets this particular job at Cintas. Please pray for/with us! It would be a great job for him and it would allow me to put more time into starting my home staging business. I took my "final exam" pictures for my certification today, so I just need to mail everything off tomorrow. I'm really excited!!
No comments:
Post a Comment