I vaguely remember hearing this as a kid:
(Here are the lyrics: http://plodplod.blogspot.com/2006/07/advice-like-youth-probably-just-wasted.html)
Now, as an adult, I'm struck by nostalgia.
I found it so encouraging when I heard it today. Thank you Rachel for posting it on Facebook!
I have every intention of posting a college memories blog at some point.
Not tonight.
Remembering Randall Wallace's graduation speech last Saturday, I only remember one bit of advice. One small sentence that struck me.
Even if you have to take "some job" to pay the bills, spend time every day doing what you love so that, one day, you'll be doing what you love to pay the bills.
What you were called to do.
Never forget that desire. Never get stuck "doing life" instead of doing what you love.
That's where Aaron is and has been for years. Stuck. Paying the bills.
We're moving on. Maybe moving away. Who knows?
I'm open to anything, now.
I'm starting my own home staging business. I'll have to get work at least part-time doing something. Preferably interior design. No luck yet. But, even if I have to get a job as a bank teller or a phone answerer at Liberty, I will spend time every day working on my business, reading articles, meeting other designers/stagers.
I don't want to sit around and waste my life hoping for a brighter tomorrow.
Will I be successful in this endeavor? Only God knows.
But I refuse to get stuck in that same rut. I refuse to play safe in life and never take chances.
And I hope Aaron does the same. I hope he's successful and enjoys his life.
I'm a little scared to pay back my student loans...
The world was so much different in 2005.
My life has been nothing like I planned. Some things for the better, some things not.
I'm excited to see where it will go!
Now, to go on a movie theater date with my main squeeze! :)
I found it so encouraging when I heard it today. Thank you Rachel for posting it on Facebook!
I have every intention of posting a college memories blog at some point.
Not tonight.
Remembering Randall Wallace's graduation speech last Saturday, I only remember one bit of advice. One small sentence that struck me.
Even if you have to take "some job" to pay the bills, spend time every day doing what you love so that, one day, you'll be doing what you love to pay the bills.
What you were called to do.
Never forget that desire. Never get stuck "doing life" instead of doing what you love.
That's where Aaron is and has been for years. Stuck. Paying the bills.
We're moving on. Maybe moving away. Who knows?
I'm open to anything, now.
I'm starting my own home staging business. I'll have to get work at least part-time doing something. Preferably interior design. No luck yet. But, even if I have to get a job as a bank teller or a phone answerer at Liberty, I will spend time every day working on my business, reading articles, meeting other designers/stagers.
I don't want to sit around and waste my life hoping for a brighter tomorrow.
Will I be successful in this endeavor? Only God knows.
But I refuse to get stuck in that same rut. I refuse to play safe in life and never take chances.
And I hope Aaron does the same. I hope he's successful and enjoys his life.
I'm a little scared to pay back my student loans...
The world was so much different in 2005.
My life has been nothing like I planned. Some things for the better, some things not.
I'm excited to see where it will go!
Now, to go on a movie theater date with my main squeeze! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment