
So, we made a spontaneous trip to Myrtle Beach to see Aaron's brother graduate from college.
When I say spontaneous, I mean three hours' notice.
I woke up full of energy Friday morning. Perfected paint touch-ups around the house. Rented a carpet shampooer. Shampooed all of the carpet in our house. Washed dishes. Polished the furniture.
I was hoping to surprise Aaron when he got home at 5:15. Didn't happen.
As I was shampooing a colossal mess of putrid smelling grime from the last room in our house, my husband called me and told me he had gotten off work the following day.
Not only had he gotten off work, but he wanted to drive over 6 hours to South Carolina that night.
There I was, covered in sweat and paint-stained clothes, being asked to get cleaned up and packed in two hours time. Hmph.
We ended up leaving after 7pm and didn't get here until 1:30am. We had to be up at 5:30 the next day to get ready for Ryan's graduation.
This morning, we went to Chestnut Hill for Mother's Day breakfast with Aaron's mom and grandmom. MMMMMMazing! I had lamb, eggs benedict, a crab cake, salmon, jambalaya, wonderful mangoes, cheesecake, and more. Went to the beach after that.
It was nice hanging out with them (and breakfast was delish!). But I missed my own mom and especially my granny. But she's in Heaven with her mom whom she hasn't seen in 20-some years :) I should have called Papaw, but I've been so insanely busy this weekend. :(
I'm glad we came. I'm just tired. I've gotten up super-early the past three days and gone to bed super late.
Aaron procrastinated a 28 (yes, twenty-eight) page paper until today-- the day it's due. It's been a stressful day.
When I say spontaneous, I mean three hours' notice.
I woke up full of energy Friday morning. Perfected paint touch-ups around the house. Rented a carpet shampooer. Shampooed all of the carpet in our house. Washed dishes. Polished the furniture.
I was hoping to surprise Aaron when he got home at 5:15. Didn't happen.
As I was shampooing a colossal mess of putrid smelling grime from the last room in our house, my husband called me and told me he had gotten off work the following day.
Not only had he gotten off work, but he wanted to drive over 6 hours to South Carolina that night.
There I was, covered in sweat and paint-stained clothes, being asked to get cleaned up and packed in two hours time. Hmph.
We ended up leaving after 7pm and didn't get here until 1:30am. We had to be up at 5:30 the next day to get ready for Ryan's graduation.
It was nice hanging out with them (and breakfast was delish!). But I missed my own mom and especially my granny. But she's in Heaven with her mom whom she hasn't seen in 20-some years :) I should have called Papaw, but I've been so insanely busy this weekend. :(I'm glad we came. I'm just tired. I've gotten up super-early the past three days and gone to bed super late.
Aaron procrastinated a 28 (yes, twenty-eight) page paper until today-- the day it's due. It's been a stressful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment