Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Birthday at the Bridge

Yesterday was Aaron's birthday. He's 28 now! Less than two years to the big 3-0! Wow, has time flown! We spent most of the day at Natural Bridge & Caverns. We had no idea it was only 45 minutes from here, not far from where we drove and parked that one night (when we were afraid a psycho murderer would jump out of the woods and kill us... remember that? lol). Natural Bridge wasn't anything like I expected. Seeing it in person is so different from seeing pictures of it. I didn't realize it would be so BIG! And the caverns... wow! It definitely renewed my appreciation for God and how big He is. And it made me remember that sometimes, even though God's hands are all over something, the outcome can take a really long time to happen.

First stop: Butterflies at the Bridge
One of my photography goals was to get close pictures of a butterfly... and I got several yesterday, so that was fun =)

Then, we started our descent down the stairs to the bridge.

Ok, you may not be able to see this very well, but can you see the little "dots" on the ground, under the bridge? Those are adults. That's how big 150 feet tall is.
When we got to the caverns, Aaron exclaimed, "Everything I learned in 6th grade is coming back to me!" LOL


It was just so relaxing to spend the day with Aaron, holding hands and enjoying everything. We came home from Natural Bridge, cleaned up the house a little bit (well, I did... no chores to the birthday man), and got ready for dinner with our newlywed friends, Nick and Lorraine. We made homemade baked macaroni & cheese and salad, and then dove into the delicious cake that I am super proud of. Not to brag... but it took three days to make and I think it's pretty darn cute. ;)




Top layer: Pineapple-orange
Middle layer: dark chocolate-orange
Bottom layer: Pineapple

All made from scratch, my own concoctions.

No comments:

Post a Comment