Saturday, July 16, 2011

Job & Potter!

I had a job for my first client this week. It was so exciting! I did a commercial paint color consult and then painted three different displays for Ferguson Enterprises Bath, Kitchen, and Lighting showroom in Forest, VA. (I interned there during my last semester of college.) While I was there, a customer asked me if I was an interior decorator and I smiled so big and said, "Why, YES, I am!" It was the first time I felt that I could legitimately say that! =) lol

I'm doing another job for them next Tuesday & Wednesday at their Blacksburg location. They're putting me up overnight at a hotel and everything. They asked for my resume the other day and while I'm there, they want me to interview for an open full-time position there. I'm beyond excited and I sincerely hope I get this job! If they offer, I'm pretty sure I'll take it and move there. However, I'm still praying for God to give me wisdom and peace about my decision. I turned down a job in Baltimore and while I had 100% peace about my decision, I kicked myself afterward because then I didn't have a job at all. Please keep me in your prayers for wisdom, safety, and peace.

We watched "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II" last night! Let me preface this by saying that I have not read any of the books. I tried, but I just couldn't get into them. I'm not big into reading. I'm too impatient for it. I have the last book on my Nook, but I only read like 16 pages...
Anyway, I had been so excited to see this movie for months! We bought our tickets a month ago. Aaron didn't want to go to the midnight premier, and since he wasn't sure what his work schedule would look like, the first available showing we could see was the 10:30pm on opening day. It's not a big deal, I guess... I guess. lol. I was so excited all day, yesterday. We got great seats.
I was a little disappointed at the begining of the movie. All the previews were for elementary school movies... boring. And then the movie just kind of started... no one realized it had started, so everyone was still talking and not paying attention. But I was very pleased that it picked up literally right where Part I left off. And it ended showing the epilogue. I was a little disappointed that they did such a poor job making the main characters look older for the "19 years later" part. (I had read that part at least.) Harry, Ron, and Draco just didn't shave for a few days. It didn't make them look older, just scruffy. Ginny's hair was cut a few inches past her collar bones and she had dark eyeshadow under her eyes to make her look older and tired, I guess. Hermione's hair was up in a French twist, with the same makeup as Ginny. Those are my only complaints though.
I really enjoyed it! Definitely got teary-eyed in a few parts, laughed in a few places, was shocked by Snape's revelation, and ended up thinking Dumbledore was kind of a jerk... I was pleased with the development of other characters like Neville and the goblin (can't remember his name...). I didn't expect so many characters to die, either.
And then I felt sad because it's like the end of an era. I've been watching Harry Potter movies since I was in 9th grade. I remember sneaking the first one at a sleep-over at a friend's house and my parents flipping out that I'd watch something "so evil". LOL I just wish they'd done a better job with makeup for the Epilogue.
I want to see this one again!
I don't really like watching movies about books I've read anyway because I end up being so critical of the movies that I can barely enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment