Saturday, April 17, 2010

"He gives and takes away"


My dog is driving me crazy. When she starts getting tired, she whines and chews things (like a baby with a pacifier). She has the jaws of death though... she keeps shredding socks, washcloths, and her bedding. I wish she knew how to *peacefully* entertain herself haha.

I was just dwelling on a Bible verse (Job 1:21) that says, "and [Job] said: 'Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I shall depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised'." I love that verse. I mean, it's kind of a downer... But it reminds me to be grateful. It reminds me that I do not deserve a single thing in this life. Everything I have is a blessing from God, plain and simple. And even when God chooses to take away, the best response we could have would be to praise Him anyway! Wow! I definitely need to work on that one. I mean... if Aaron lost his job or something, I know it would be so hard to keep praising God. But we should anyway. And it's not even about "looking for the positive in every situation". Sometimes you just don't see it. Sometimes life just isn't fair (ain't that the truth!). But it's so comforting to know that God really loves us and has our back! I feel so challenged right now. I can't wait for church tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment