Well, the spring semester is officially over. Now summer school starts for Aaron and me both! I'm very excited to take my two classes this summer. I'm also very excited to go visit my grandparents soon!
Last weekend Aaron and I went to watch "Iron Man 2"-- it was great! He even surprised me with new shoes :-) I love that he likes to surprise me :-) He's always so sweet & caring & encouraging. I'm a lucky one.
We found a black widow spider in our kitchen a few days ago. I called the exterminator and he was at the house less than 10 minutes later and he didn't charge us or our HOA :-) That was great!
I'm really loving Blue Ridge Comm. Church. My brother, Joe, spent the night Saturday night & then went to church with us yesterday before he left for the summer. I'm going to miss him! :-( But I really enjoyed church. Woody preached on our response to God's grace & being grateful for it. He talked about the prostitute (Mary) who washed Jesus' feet with her tears, perfume, and her hair. I had never paid much attention to that passage.... about the people who have more to be forgiven for will love God more. He talked about how this woman was probably used to being looked at in two ways: as a sex object by nasty men or as trash by all of the holier-than-thou people. Imagine Jesus looking at her with compassion, probably for the first time in her life. Jesus loved her for who she was-- He didn't shun her for what she did. It made me realize how grateful I am for everything... even the bad things that I can't change. The not being able to have kids... God has a reason for it and He's definitely already made our marriage stronger! Aaron is my best friend and I just love him to death. I love the life God's blessed us with. I'm grateful (in a way) for my parents' divorce because God used that to show me how much He loves me. Because of their divorce, my mom came to spend Christmas with us, and because of that, we started going to Blue Ridge. I'm thankful for a husband who cherishes me. I love him so much!
It's been a great weekend! We're still praying for God's direction in our lives. Aaron still wants to work on computers. I want to work in home staging or interior design. I think that would be so fun. I know we won't stay in Lynchburg much longer. Maybe another couple of years. I'd love to visit Europe and I'd love to move back to the North :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment