Day 3 of the flu.
It's 4pm and I'm still in the PJ's I wore last night. I've been on the couch under a pile of blankets all day. In the last two days, I have watched about 20 episodes of "The Office," about 6 episodes of "The Golden Girls," a few episodes of "Psych," and two episodes of "LOST." Actually, I watched the final two episodes of lost this morning with Aaron. It put me in a sad mood for the rest of the day. I don't know why, but it made me miss my Granny. I think it was because of Jack dying in the bamboo forest in the end.... I've also watched a few movies including "Mars Attacks" (STUPID!!!!!), "Young Victoria" (I liked it), "Beauty & the Briefcase" (so dumb and unrealistic... I guess I should have expected that with Hilary Duff), and now I'm watching "Did you Hear About the Morgans?" which I like so far.
We ventured out to Target last night to buy cat litter and candy. If I'm sick, I demand to have Jelly Beans. And they have to be Jelly Belly, not any generic crap. As for the cat litter... that is absolutely my least favorite part of owning a cat. We scoop it every day and then empty and scrub out the box once a week and add new litter... still stinky. We've tried literally EVERY clumping cat litter available. Most of them make some sort of claim about masking/absorbing/annihilating odors. They all lie. We've also tried the crystal kind. Absolutely disgusting. We did find one that works pretty well though-- Boots & Barkley. I think it might be a generic... It was cheap at Target, so we gave it a try (a few weeks ago) and we've been using that. But seriously, my sense of smell is like a blood hound's. I can smell anything and everything. It's a curse, really. lol
We've also started playing chess. Aaron bought a collector's edition Super Mario Brothers chess set at Target a while back and kept asking me to play it with him. I admit, I really didn't want to... but I played anyway and I LOVE it! I'm going to be a chess nerd now. I even played against my Nook the other night when he didn't want to play with me.
I cut out more fabric for my quilt the other day. I've worked on it a little here and there whenever I've felt both the mental and physical energy for it.
I'm excited to go back to work on Monday. It will be Valentine's Day and Aaron and I have no plans yet. It'll give me something to do I suppose. At the end of next week, my internship supervisor has to do my mid-term evaluation with me. I hope she judges me fairly and well because I know I've done a really good job, I've come in early and stayed late every day. I've had an excellent attitude about even the crappiest tasks they've asked me to do. I've assisted some of the other employees even though they get commission off my ideas... And I still haven't gotten do do the two main tasks she assigned on my internship contract. I'm supposed to get to design a bathroom vignette and put together a portfolio of kitchen, bath, and lighting ideas for customers. I'll have to find a way to bring that up. And on Friday, I get to go to Tennessee to see my Papaw!!! I'm so excited about that! :)
Well... my energy is drained. Back to lying down and watching movies...
No comments:
Post a Comment