Saturday, February 12, 2011

New Clothes and Recipes :)

As one of my Christmas presents, my mom gave me $75 to buy some internship clothes. I literally did not even own a skirt until last semester. Most of my wardrobe consisted of jeans and cardigans. Between working, classes, and being sick, I hadn't really had many chances to go shopping. Plus, I didn't want to spend the whole amount on just one or two items. Well, I finally got to go shopping today and it was great. I had felt so stir crazy from being sick at home for the last few days. My sinuses still hurt today, but I was so ready to be out of the house. I ended up getting some great deals! Check out these shirts:

Clearance at JCPenney for $14.40


Clearance at JCPenney for $4.97


Clearance at JCPenney for $4.97


Clearance at JCPenney for $4.97




Clearance at JCPenney for $2.97!


All in all, I got 5 shirts for a total of $33.89 and saved $157.72 on them. Deals like that make me very happy :)

There was a sad experience at JCP, too. When I first walked into the fitting room, I saw a teenage girl trying on prom dresses with her mom. The girl wasn't even my size and her mom was telling her that she was fat and needed to go on a diet and tone up so she wouldn't look so "awkward". How mean is that? Teenage girls go through enough body image struggles without their moms telling them they're fat. And, by the way, this woman had NO room to talk-- she was like twice as big as her daughter.

I did get great deals on my clothes, but my grocery bill didn't fare so well. There were almost no sales and I only had two usable coupons. We're making a few new dinners this week. Two of them are from my friend Kristen.

Tonight I made chicken gnocci soup with a knock-off Olive Garden recipe. Unfortunately, it was nothing like the Olive Garden's, so I was disappointed with it. All we tasted was the spinach. I followed the recipe and still had to add a ton of garlic and pepper.

It just didn't have the wow-factor I was hoping for. And it was expensive!

We already had carrots chopped in the freezer. We used about 44cents worth of onion, 44 cents worth of spinach, $2.99 for gnocci, $3.80 for chicken, $2.99 for chicken stock, $3.79 for heavy whipping cream... That's about $14 not counting the ingredients we already had.

Our other meals this week are:

-No Boil Lasagna (from Kristen) with homemade bread
-Bacon-Wraped BBQ Chicken (from Kristen) with scalloped potatoes (REALLY looking forward to this one!)
-Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans
-Pampered chef's chicken, broccoli, and cheddar ring ( http://thechiclife.typepad.com/the_chic_life/2009/01/pampered-chef-chicken-broccoli-ring.html )

I think we're probably staying home for Valentine's Day because we be po' this year. It's ok though. I'm sure we'll have fun :) My amazing husband did find soy-free chocolate today! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!! Happy Valentine's Day (without sore ovaries!) to me!

I've just been thinking about the future today... not that it ever goes the way I plan lol. But once Aaron finishes grad school this summer and we both have full time jobs, we'd like to try to start the adoption process! :) Will it be possible? Who knows. But at that point, we'll have been trying to have kids for THREE YEARS... so I hope it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment