Today was busy... a little interesting... and pretty fun.
First off, this morning I had an appointment to submit my passport application. I've never gotten a passport, but I've always wanted to go on a mission trip. 2+2=...
Anyway, I got my picture made at CVS and then drove to the post office in Forest. The post office in Lynchburg was a joke. I called and left voicemails for two weeks and no one ever called me back. When I went in person, I was told I could only schedule an appointment over the phone. Blah. So I told on them to the national passport service. Someone needs to be doing her job. Anyway, I went to the post office in Forest and was told that I need a new birth certificate since my dad's name isn't listed on mine. Called 411 to get the number to the Maryland Department of Vital Records. They told me it'll be $39.25 for a new birth certificate. Blah. So, $125 for the passport, $15 first time fee, $10 for the picture, and $40 for a new birth certificate. This is turning out to be one expensive project.
Then, I went to McDonalds to grab us some lunch. I figured I had to pass Aaron's office on my way home anyway and I wanted to see him. :) So, I went through the drive through. I ordered 4 McChickens with no mayo on any of them, two medium fries, and a large sweet tea. I didn't pay attention to the total. I just pulled up, handed the girl my bank card, and then pulled to the next window. My bag felt really light... I looked inside and there was only one McChicken. So I told her I ordered 4. She said, "Please pull up and we'll bring you another one." I told her, "I need more than another one-- I need 3 more." I pulled up. Five minutes later, the girl brought out one McChicken. I almost laughed at her. Can they seriously not count to 4??? I said, "Umm... I ordered 4. I got one at the window and you just brought me one more-- that's 2. I need 2 more." So, 10 minutes later, she brought out the rest of them. By the time I got to Aaron, our fries were cold and soggy. Oh well. It was one of those situations where getting mad wouldn't help and I just had to laugh. I worked at Dairy Queen in high school, so I'm really critical of drive-throughs. And I was bewildered at why none of them could count to 4. lol
I went to Ross today... found a box of 3 Bumpits for $1.49. Aaron laughed when he saw me and said it looked like a speed bump across my head. When we went out for our date, I hit my head on the roof of the car at least 3 times while getting in and out.
We had random date night. It was fun to just walk around and hold hands and talk. We're really close. I know that sounds obvious because we're married. But we're closer than a lot of other married couples seem to be. Some people act like it's a chore to spend time with their spouses. Some people give up on their appearance. Some people want to be alone more than they want to be together. Some people talk business with their spouse, but never about anything real or fun. And a lot of couples who go through infertility get mad at each other and leave the marriage to try to accomplish that aspect with another person. But we're tight. We have fun. We went downtown and decided to walk around and pick a place to eat. I'm kind of worn out of the Wards Road restaurants (Olive Garden, Panera Bread, O'Charley's, etc.). We ended up going to the White Hart and getting Fitzwilliams and their yummy fries. We also sat around and played chess. It sounds so nerdy, but it's one of our favorite things to do together. I won. :)
We looked around at TJ Maxx and Ollies-- nada. Went to Sonic and split an orange creamslush... Stopped by PAW! First of all... I do not advocate buying animals from petstores. Most of the time, the puppies come from puppy mills and the employees keep them doped up so they won't get hyper. Then, they have random kittens that anyone could find for free on Craigslist or through the paper for like $80 each. Nothing wrong with the kittens, but I think it's a waste of money. But I digress... I still like playing with them. So, there was an 8 week old German Shepherd puppy that was a BEAST. SO huge! Giant paws! I held her and she nearly wiggled out of my arms. She was so hyper! She was grunting like a pig and wagging her tail so hard it kept whacking me in the crotch (so thankful I'm not a guy!). She was adorable. And we played with some kittens. Then, we came home and saw some feral kittens that were born in the woods behind our house. Not a fan of ferals.
Oh, and I got a job interview lined up! It's June 10th at 9am. Please keep me in your prayers! I reeeeally want this job!
It's been a fun day! Thanks for reading and goodnight :)
First off, this morning I had an appointment to submit my passport application. I've never gotten a passport, but I've always wanted to go on a mission trip. 2+2=...
Anyway, I got my picture made at CVS and then drove to the post office in Forest. The post office in Lynchburg was a joke. I called and left voicemails for two weeks and no one ever called me back. When I went in person, I was told I could only schedule an appointment over the phone. Blah. So I told on them to the national passport service. Someone needs to be doing her job. Anyway, I went to the post office in Forest and was told that I need a new birth certificate since my dad's name isn't listed on mine. Called 411 to get the number to the Maryland Department of Vital Records. They told me it'll be $39.25 for a new birth certificate. Blah. So, $125 for the passport, $15 first time fee, $10 for the picture, and $40 for a new birth certificate. This is turning out to be one expensive project.
Then, I went to McDonalds to grab us some lunch. I figured I had to pass Aaron's office on my way home anyway and I wanted to see him. :) So, I went through the drive through. I ordered 4 McChickens with no mayo on any of them, two medium fries, and a large sweet tea. I didn't pay attention to the total. I just pulled up, handed the girl my bank card, and then pulled to the next window. My bag felt really light... I looked inside and there was only one McChicken. So I told her I ordered 4. She said, "Please pull up and we'll bring you another one." I told her, "I need more than another one-- I need 3 more." I pulled up. Five minutes later, the girl brought out one McChicken. I almost laughed at her. Can they seriously not count to 4??? I said, "Umm... I ordered 4. I got one at the window and you just brought me one more-- that's 2. I need 2 more." So, 10 minutes later, she brought out the rest of them. By the time I got to Aaron, our fries were cold and soggy. Oh well. It was one of those situations where getting mad wouldn't help and I just had to laugh. I worked at Dairy Queen in high school, so I'm really critical of drive-throughs. And I was bewildered at why none of them could count to 4. lol
I went to Ross today... found a box of 3 Bumpits for $1.49. Aaron laughed when he saw me and said it looked like a speed bump across my head. When we went out for our date, I hit my head on the roof of the car at least 3 times while getting in and out.
We had random date night. It was fun to just walk around and hold hands and talk. We're really close. I know that sounds obvious because we're married. But we're closer than a lot of other married couples seem to be. Some people act like it's a chore to spend time with their spouses. Some people give up on their appearance. Some people want to be alone more than they want to be together. Some people talk business with their spouse, but never about anything real or fun. And a lot of couples who go through infertility get mad at each other and leave the marriage to try to accomplish that aspect with another person. But we're tight. We have fun. We went downtown and decided to walk around and pick a place to eat. I'm kind of worn out of the Wards Road restaurants (Olive Garden, Panera Bread, O'Charley's, etc.). We ended up going to the White Hart and getting Fitzwilliams and their yummy fries. We also sat around and played chess. It sounds so nerdy, but it's one of our favorite things to do together. I won. :)
We looked around at TJ Maxx and Ollies-- nada. Went to Sonic and split an orange creamslush... Stopped by PAW! First of all... I do not advocate buying animals from petstores. Most of the time, the puppies come from puppy mills and the employees keep them doped up so they won't get hyper. Then, they have random kittens that anyone could find for free on Craigslist or through the paper for like $80 each. Nothing wrong with the kittens, but I think it's a waste of money. But I digress... I still like playing with them. So, there was an 8 week old German Shepherd puppy that was a BEAST. SO huge! Giant paws! I held her and she nearly wiggled out of my arms. She was so hyper! She was grunting like a pig and wagging her tail so hard it kept whacking me in the crotch (so thankful I'm not a guy!). She was adorable. And we played with some kittens. Then, we came home and saw some feral kittens that were born in the woods behind our house. Not a fan of ferals.
Oh, and I got a job interview lined up! It's June 10th at 9am. Please keep me in your prayers! I reeeeally want this job!
It's been a fun day! Thanks for reading and goodnight :)
AWWWWWW!
ReplyDelete